• Welcome to Operation Photo Rescue's Online Community.

Jacket Guy in Margie's Gallery

Started by Lynnya, November 12, 2016, 11:55:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lynnya

Hi all,

I've requested this image, while waiting to see if I get it I have a couple of questions.. I'm assuming the jacket is a regular black suit type jacket over his shoulder and the other question is does he have long hair in the back?? it looks like it but maybe it's hairlike damage.. he doesn't look the type to have long hair.. what say you all :cool:
Thanks in advance..
Lynn

So I did get this image.. here is my starting WIP.. color didn't really change much.. see how it goes as I progress.. I have a plan for the jacket :cool: ::) ^-^

never giving up......learning from others as I go...

Hannie

Lynn, I think it is a mullet.....   :)

Hannie
Hannie Scheltema
Distribution Coordinator
[email protected]

Lynnya

A mullet??? as in fish mullet??

JackR

lol...that's funny...I agree with the mullet...depending when this was it was a popular hair style...as for the jacket, yes looks like a sport coat...
The early bird gets the worm, but the SECOND mouse gets the cheese...

cheers...

Jack

Lynnya

Oh.. the HAIR is a mullet...thought it was an odd outfit for a shirt and tie  :cool: :funny:

found some mullet hairstyle pics... and yes.. I agree.. mullet ...

Shadow

Girl, you crack me up! There was a comedian back in the day that described mullets something like .. Short in the front for business and long in the back for fun  ;D  Have fun!

Lynnya

I've been working on this image... still loads to do, background cleanup blending etc and of course THE JACKET :( all the empty looking layers are shadows for the shirt..

Phlearn shadows = empty layer, pick a dark shirt color, use gradient tool color to transparent and use the second one in from left.. round gradient.. splash a blob onto empty layer, Control T to transform into shape you want .. reduce opacity.

Please ignore blotchy background.. still loads to do.. thanks and feedback welcome..

WIP

Shadow

Lynn, looking very good. Thanks for the Phlern tip on shadows. Your shirt so stayed true to the original. Kudos! You probably already addressed the mark through his hair above his bangs ... or whatever guys call that. ::) and there's a wee bit of discoloration left near his wrist. Look forward to seeing your next post.

Lynnya

Thanks Lyn... yes I still have loads to do.. trying to keep to the rules of WIP  :cool: will work on hand skin today and THE JACKET :crazy: and the background of course needs a lot. I have found that doing nearly all my repairs, cloning, healing etc in an empty layer seems to work.. In the past I would end up doing a lot of cloning etc in an image layer which often ended up muddy and blurred.. I'm TRYING to have patience with my layers lol :halo:

Shadow

Confident you will do wonders by that jacket! I appreciate and learn from your WIPs and bet there are others who pop in to check out the forum who benefit from your screen shots as well. Your patience is showing. :up:

Lynnya

Thankyou Lyn... I lose it every now and then and click away like mad.. :crazy: :D this is my WIP and messy layers.. I added noise 2 pixels and pixelate mosaic 2 pix. Can you look and see what I'm missing please..
I'll put the full image up as well.. thanks in advance  :cool:

:P

Shadow

Outstanding Lynn! I looked it over and do not see a thing missing. Send that young man home to his family.  ;)

Lynnya

Well that's very kind of you? must be something... Margie may pick something out  :knuppel:

Shadow

She says with a question mark! So, went back one more time and really zoomed in. Found one itty bitty teeny tiny thing ... loot at his tie where the knot is, see the one little bright spot? Original or correction?   :)

Lynnya