• Welcome to Operation Photo Rescue's Online Community.

4 Generations

Started by Shadow, November 11, 2016, 03:35:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Shadow

Hey Gang. This is my current image. There is still plenty of cleanup to do. This is my first experience with the OM backgrounds ... is it too saturated? Any other suggestions?
After a couple of false starts, I approached the color a little different. Left the whites at 238 instead of 244 which was blowing out the older gentlemans sleeve, and I used the D&B layer and a Soft Light layer to improve the lighter shirts. I used Lynn's pulling the slider in from each side while holding down the Alt key to get my black/white poinets and of course, the trusty Difference/Threshold for the gray point. Lots of healing and on the background, plenty of "borrowing" from better areas.
All feedback welcome.

Lynnya

Oh nice job Lyn :up: :up: :up:  On my monitor it's a tiny bit over saturated.. but I tend to under do most times.. lovely job :hug:
never giving up......learning from others as I go...

Mhayes

I agree, great cleanup and restore, but it does look over saturated. It maybe my browser, so will wait till you upload it for the final verdict. Great job on the background.

Margie
"carpe diem"

Margie Hayes
OPR President
[email protected]

Shadow

Thank you Lynn and Margie. Appreciate your feedback ... am learning. That blue bkgd brought back memories of the little boy in the blue pj's  :D
Worked the bkgd a bit more to improve the left side and balanced (hopefully) the blue more from right to left. (On my monitor it had a magenta cast on the left.) Added a Hue/Sat adj layer to desat the bkgd but might need to add more. What say you wise ones? Thank you  :)

JackR

I like the darker, less sat background better...one tiny thing, on GGRandpa's arm just above his watch band looks like a little bit of damage, may not be as I can't zoom in...other than that, looks like a new photo.
The early bird gets the worm, but the SECOND mouse gets the cheese...

cheers...

Jack

Mhayes

Jack,

What you are seeing on the arm is the studio's signature that took the photo. Shadows upload looks better than showing here, not so saturated and faces not so red.

Margie
"carpe diem"

Margie Hayes
OPR President
[email protected]

Shadow

Hey Jack. Thank you for taking a look and telling me what you see. What would we do without that mighty zoom tool?!

Lynnya

Lovely job Lyn, the family will be thrilled. :up:
never giving up......learning from others as I go...

Shadow

Thank you Lynn. I took the Sat down a bit more before uploading and I think it looked much better. Appreciate you pointing that out. Am I right in thinking when you do a lot of healing and clone work, you usually have to then bring the Sat down on those areas? Seems that's when I get into the most trouble with oversaturating. And I don't think your stuff looks undersaturated at all.