• Welcome to Operation Photo Rescue's Online Community.

Ladies in triplicate

Started by Lynnya, November 08, 2016, 03:14:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lynnya

Hi All, just starting on this image... it's very dirty  :cool:
here is the original

Black and white

my plan is to clean it all up, do some burning and keep one black and white and do one sepia using Margie's method of empty layer on "color" and fill with original color and lower the opacity. See how it all goes 8)
never giving up......learning from others as I go...

Shadow

Hi Lynn. Good to see you and your ladies.  :cool:  You did it again ... you bring out so much detail. The ladies are lookin' good!  :up:

Lynnya

Thanks Lyn, trouble is... when I put a sepia layer on an empty layer over the black and white it looks terrible.. so I've just left it black and white...feedback welcome..

this is with a "hard light" blend mode.. slightly better maybe? not a lot of difference but stronger maybe?

Shadow

Lynn, I like what you did. The one that has the Hard light blend mode ... is that a BW adj layer with that blend mode or the sepia layer. Whatever, I like it. You and I both like feedback so one little thing might be the 3rd lady on the right (looking at the monitor). Maybe you could use the curl from lady 2 where the crosshatch looking area is top left?

Tried a Deke technique below ( https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vpjmuMx0CrM ) to see if his sepia looked any better. I prefer the B&W but thought you might be interested in the technique. Seems like different images do better with different techniques. Could just be me. 

Lynnya

Hi Lyn.. thanks for the feedback..yes I see what you mean about the hair.. thanks.. the hard light was just the black and white adj. no sepia.  I'll try that Deke formula see what happens.. I'm not sure about the high pass tho as that will sharpen it and I think that's a no no for OPR (much as I'd like to sometimes.. but Margie will  :mad: I'll let you know how it goes..

:up:

Shadow

You r so right. I meant to say that you would only want the sepia part and completely forgot. Will keep an eye out for your finale!

Lynnya

Here is what I've done.. fixed the hair.. and did Deke's  method of: solid color fill and then "multiply" blend mode and reduced opacity..

Sepia

let me know if you see anything else.. thanks Lyn  :hug: p.s. is that sepia a bit dark do you think?

Shadow

Hair looks perfect Lynn! For me, I prefer the sepia lighter ... but then, I'm the one who liked the B & W  :)

Lynnya

this is a lighter sepia version..

and lighter still

Shadow

Which one is your favorite? You sure do nice work Lynn!  :up: :up:

Lynnya

The black and white and then the least filled sepia  8)

Shadow

Perfect. Another one off to QC!

Mhayes

Lynnya, I agree with liking the lighter of the sepia and the B/W. Nice work!

Margie
"carpe diem"

Margie Hayes
OPR President
[email protected]