• Welcome to Operation Photo Rescue's Online Community.

Margie's Forum - Man front of car WIP

Started by sdfreeland, October 21, 2016, 03:52:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

sdfreeland

Original on left, WIP on right

This photo shows some basic staining, bleaching and ghosting.  Nothing too bad.  Some of the whitening of the car cab is natural, but there is some staining in the top left from after the photo was taken that I'm still working on.  The picture was originally 3x5 but I think that it could be blown up to save some of the detail when printing.

The white stains zoomed in:

Mhayes

Hi Sdfreeland,

Welcome to the forum and happy this is your 1st post. You need to post the original and your WIP. Here is a link if you are not sure how to get the photo on to the Forum: http://www.operationphotorescue.org/forum/index.php/topic,2002.0.html

We print the photo on the nearest size that is available for printing. We do not blow the photos up as that could cause a loss of quality and adds more work. Usually is you enlarge you loss some of your detail unless it is a very good print to start with.

Margie
"carpe diem"

Margie Hayes
OPR President
[email protected]

sdfreeland

Hi Margie,

Sorry, I should have stated that the original photo is the top photo on the left and the WIP is the top photo on the right.  I actually did some work for OPR almost 10 years ago!  Crazy to think it has been that long.

Thanks,
Stephen

Mhayes

Stephen, I am not seeing any photos.

Margie
"carpe diem"

Margie Hayes
OPR President
[email protected]

sdfreeland

Sorry, let's try that again.  Photobucket was down earlier so I tried another server during the internet outage, but it looks to be back up now.

Mhayes

It is now showing. Don't you just love it when that happens? Not! I think your restore looks good.

Margie
"carpe diem"

Margie Hayes
OPR President
[email protected]

Shadow

Hi Stephen. Welcome to the forum and very nice work!

Lynnya

Hi Stephen Welcome! Nice job on your restore :up2:
never giving up......learning from others as I go...