• Welcome to Operation Photo Rescue's Online Community.

Baby Portrait

Started by Lynnya, October 18, 2016, 04:02:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lynnya

Hi All,  this is my WIP on this lovely baby.. it was very strange as you can see by the original.. any tips or feedback appreciated

never giving up......learning from others as I go...

Mhayes

Lynn, This is a photo that really doesn't have much damage and it is tempting to want to lighten up all the shadows, but I think when you do you come up with a baby that looks a lot different. I did a Curves Adjustment and repaired the background.

Margie
"carpe diem"

Margie Hayes
OPR President
[email protected]

Lynnya

Hi Margie.. yeah you're right.. I just couldn't believe the blacks... so very black and sharp.. and baby's eyes are like coal.. I assumed (and you know what assume means) that there was some big mysterious problem that affected the blacks and made darker and run some. I'll redo it.. also, it bothered me that it's a large photo, 8x10 and the 100% view looked terrible..
I'll fix it  :up:

Lynnya

Here's my second round... can't say I'm thrilled with it but comments please...Oh I just saw a tiny line of damage on the very bottom... I'll fix that...

Mhayes

I agree about the eyes, but since I couldn't contribute it to damage; I felt that was the way it was in the original. This looks good to me unless someone else has any other ideas.

Margie

"carpe diem"

Margie Hayes
OPR President
[email protected]

Lynnya

I did lighten the eyes just a smidge...tiny bit.. couldn't help it.. :cool:

Mhayes

:knuppel: Oh, okay if you couldn't help yourself.  ;D

Margie
"carpe diem"

Margie Hayes
OPR President
[email protected]

Lynnya

allowable?? or no... ::)

Mhayes

Very nice, you showed great restraint.  ;)

Margie
"carpe diem"

Margie Hayes
OPR President
[email protected]