• Welcome to Operation Photo Rescue's Online Community.

Starting another restore

Started by Lynnya, October 10, 2016, 02:48:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lynnya

Hi guys.. I'm torturing myself again  :) another challenge.. got some new tools so lets see how it goes.  Comments and critiques welcome.

This is the original

Ignoring the yellowing parts which I'll deal with later how is the general correction..

I used Margie's levels, auto curve, neutral gray using her method and I did adjust a tad with color balance sliders..
never giving up......learning from others as I go...

Shadow

Hi Lynn,
Thanks for posting your work.
On my monitor it is looking good.
You go girl!

Lynnya

I'm getting near the end of this restore.. feedback welcome please...

Shadow

Hi Lynn,
Looking good. Sure enjoy your posts.
On the boy with the green shirt ... could the front of his shirt be modified a bit. Probably just me but it pulled my eye right to it.

Lynnya

Yes I see what you are looking at.. thanks.. will do.. amazing what you don't see lol

I can still see patches on his sleeve now I've uploaded it.. I'll fix that too.. don't be afraid to mention any little thing.. I'm very happy to have feedback and want it to be the best I can make it.. :loveit:

Beth

Great job Lynnya.  The thing that bothers me on this one is the left arm of the little boy in green.
The upper part of his arm is pointing in the wrong direction. Here's a quick version of what I'm talking about. Yours is on the left.

Lynnya

Good catch Beth.. I had to look for ages before I could see what you meant.. see it quite clearly now... thanks again will fix.. :up:

Better? looks better to me...

rounded it..

Beth

Much better. I might make it a little more rounded, but that's just me.

Lynnya

I've loaded it up for submission..hope it sticks.  Thanks Beth and Lyn for your help...I'm really getting a lot from everyone in the forum..  :wnw:
Lynn

Beth

Just a fantastic job Lynnya. I'm sure the family will be so happy to get this back.

Shadow

Another good one Lynn! Know what you mean ... sometimes you work it so long I think the brain fills in the gaps and it takes another set of eyes to see the holes are there. Really nice work!

And Beth ... Good Eye! I too had to look and look and then it was ... oh yea!

Mhayes

Great job Lynna!  I think we have all gained by each of you willing to show your work or offer suggestions. This is what the Forum was meant for and so happy to see the participation and the different paths to a great restore!  :loveit:

Margie
"carpe diem"

Margie Hayes
OPR President
[email protected]