• Welcome to Operation Photo Rescue's Online Community.

Margie's Gallery image

Started by Shadow, September 29, 2016, 01:05:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Shadow

Lynn ... thank you. I appreciate your feedback and agree the b/w does that. Appreciate your suggestion and will give it a try. Will be good knowledge for next one that crops up with similar highlights. (And Shadow said hi back! )

Beth ... don't mind at all! Will ck out the video. Thanks.

Have a good weekend you guys!

Lyn

Lynnya

Hi Beth, that's an interesting way to do it.. I'll try that next time.. I do think though I would have left a little more "shine" as I think it "flattens" the face a bit too much.. nice tip tho.. thanks for sharing the video.. makes it sooo easy to learn. :up:
never giving up......learning from others as I go...

Beth

Thanks Lynnya!  I love experimenting and trying to figure out alternate ways to do things.  I thought I was being conservative on knocking down the shine but I could have lowered the opacity on that layer after I neutralized the bright highlights. That would have brought them back a little. I'm glad you like the video. I know I sound like I'm bored but I'm really not!  I just find it really weird talking to my monitor.  :)

Lynnya

that's strange Beth... I talk to my monitor all the time and I'm not recording anything  :D
never giving up......learning from others as I go...

Beth

Hannie

The shine on the faces is also present in the original?

(I talk to my monitor too, it never answers me though...)

Hannie
Hannie Scheltema
Distribution Coordinator
[email protected]

Shadow

Hi Hannie,

Yes, the shine was present in the original ... especially the children. Like Lynn, I notice BW adjustments do seem to bring out the highlights more. Sometimes it's hard to know what looks best. Guess in the end it is subjective.

Even though it has already been accepted, I appreciate the feedback and suggestions. All goes into the hopper, er ... brain and of course, my mighty notebook of info.  Have no doubt I will put all of them to good use.

I also talk to my monitor and if I get too excited Shadow hops up to give me the "calm yourself" look. If that doesn't do it, my little guy just takes me out for a stroll!  ;)

Have a good day and glad your computer issues are over!

Lyn

Hannie

Lol, Lyn I forgot to click on the first page of this topic.  The original photo is right there with highlights and all!

Shadow sounds adorable. 

,- . _ , -.
   \ /) " (\ /
     (_o_)
Hannie Scheltema
Distribution Coordinator
[email protected]