• Welcome to Operation Photo Rescue's Online Community.

FFT Filter (again)

Started by Lynnya, August 18, 2016, 10:13:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lynnya

Hi All, I just finished a restore for Bambi that was covered in honeycomb pattern and I see that a lot of the new stuff in her gallery is the same. She thought it might be a good idea to re post the fft filter solution  :up:
I wasn't sure it would work but here is the result.https://lynn.smugmug.com/Fft-filter/n-PLSHnJ/i-N9knGVF

Instead of using the red channel, which for some reason looked totally different to normal.. not red, no stars just black and white mess.. I used the green channel dotting out only 4 stars that I could see... it seems to have worked.
Here is the tutorial by Klassylady again.. hope it helps.  I originally downloaded the fft filter from retouch pro and put it in my adobe plugins..there is also a video on youtube about it but boy, it sounds complex when he describes it... Klassylady's description is much better here is the link to her post.
http://www.operationphotorescue.org/forum/index.php/topic,1279.msg15460.html#msg15460
never giving up......learning from others as I go...

Hannie

Great results Lynn.  I love the FFT filter, it works like magic.
The older versions of the filter use the red channel and in the later ones it is in the green channel that you will find the white stars.

Hannie
Hannie Scheltema
Distribution Coordinator
[email protected]

Kdcintx

Does this fft filter work in Photoshop Elements 14? I've tried to install it several times but PSE doesn't seem to recognize it.

Hannie

Not sure if it will work in Photoshop Elements.  Did you install the FFT plugin in the the filter/plugin folder? 
If you like I can run the filter on the image for you, let me know.

Hannie
Hannie Scheltema
Distribution Coordinator
[email protected]

Kdcintx

Hannie - I don't need to use the fft filter right now, but thanks for the offer.

Candice

Quote from: Hannie on August 18, 2016, 11:32:22 AM
Great results Lynn.  I love the FFT filter, it works like magic.
The older versions of the filter use the red channel and in the later ones it is in the green channel that you will find the white stars.

Hannie

You wouldn't happen to have the FFT Brush? 
Candice

Hannie

Candy, here is the link to the FFT brush.
After downloading and un zipping it will automatically appear in your brush list at the bottom.

Hannie

Hannie Scheltema
Distribution Coordinator
[email protected]

Candice

Quote from: Hannie on August 22, 2016, 03:23:42 AM
Candy, here is the link to the FFT brush.
After downloading and un zipping it will automatically appear in your brush list at the bottom.

Hannie

Thanks!!!  For some reason when I upgraded to Windows 10, several things I use to have in Photoshop went poof!! 
Candice