• Welcome to Operation Photo Rescue's Online Community.

Hurricane Katrina 10 Year Anniversary

Started by Mhayes, July 23, 2015, 03:05:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mhayes

Hi Everyone,

Check out our blog about our return visit to Metairie, LA on August 28-29. http://www.operationphotorescue.org/2015/07/10-years-after-hurricane-katrina/

Anyone interested in helping, let me know.

Thanks,

Margie
"carpe diem"

Margie Hayes
OPR President
[email protected]

Hannie

Thanks Margie, Great article, absolutely love the video, I never get tired of watching it.

:up2:

Hannie
Hannie Scheltema
Distribution Coordinator
[email protected]

Pat

That people have held onto their damaged photos for ten long years and are eagerly looking forward to our return speaks volumes about the importance of this work.  What an amazing privilege we have.
Pat

"Take a deep breath and think of the three things you are grateful for, right in this moment."  -MJ Ryan Author

Mhayes

You will be happy to know that we are getting quite a few inquiries about our return trip to Metairie, LA on August 28-29. I have no idea the turnout we will have and when I mentioned this to a lady asking about our copy run here is what she said.

QuoteOh, I think you'll have a good turnout!  I plan to get there early Friday because I'm expecting long lines.  I think more people will be coming out for two reasons 1) we are more healed, a little more settled with each year that passes and 2) because it's at no cost.  There are some folks still reeling from the cost of relocations and replacing items lost.  Yes, even ten years later! I'm sure you've heard this many times, but this was a life changing storm.  Many folks are in such deep debt from trying to relocate and replace the necessities that they've put aside the things considered 'non-essential'... keep sakes and photos!  So again, I thank you, your staff and the volunteers for helping those in need!!  It is sooooo very much appreciated.

Margie
"carpe diem"

Margie Hayes
OPR President
[email protected]

G3User

Great stuff Margie, sounds like you will be in for a busy and emotional time. :up:

Does the budget allow for crowd control?

Athol

Tori803

Tori
"Nothing in the world can take the place of persistence." -Calvin Coolidge

Mhayes

Athol, I thought you were going to say: Does the budget allow for a cocktail? That I would personally pay for.  :cool:

Margie
"carpe diem"

Margie Hayes
OPR President
[email protected]

Candice

Gracious!  Now I feel like an oldie! ;)
Candice