• Welcome to Operation Photo Rescue's Online Community.

3 Copy Runs on Fumes and a Prayer

Started by Mhayes, June 22, 2015, 11:12:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mhayes

Hi Everyone,

Right now our fundraising has reached $1,830 and it isn't the same as shown because some of the donations do not come through PayPal. Along with what we had in the bank we are looking at $2,500. While some bills for the trip have been taken out such as airfare for (2) people going to Metairie, LA and for Houston, TX. We still have costs that will come up later, like airfare to Austin, TX, lodging, transportation via Uber, and the list goes on. For the copy run in Austin, I will be the only one flying in to save money. Thankfully we have local volunteers that have stepped up to the plate and are helping out. There is no fat to cut for this run, short of us staying at a KOA campground and pitching a tent. If it wasn't for the volunteers who have donated so far we would have had to cancel all three for lack of funds. To those volunteers, I say THANK YOU! If you haven't donated I understand as things aren't the greatest right now, but if you can and even if it is a small donation--please donate as it will be very much appreciated.

Thanks,

Margie
"carpe diem"

Margie Hayes
OPR President
[email protected]

Tori803

Thanks for the update, Margie. The generosity of the volunteers is what makes OPR possible. Without copy runs, there are no photos to work on, and most people who suffer through a hurricane or flood would have to say goodby to their photos forever. Thank you, volunteers, for your skills and your generosity!

Tori
Tori
"Nothing in the world can take the place of persistence." -Calvin Coolidge