• Welcome to Operation Photo Rescue's Online Community.

Newsletter

Started by Mhayes, March 27, 2015, 06:26:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mhayes

Hi Everyone,

Just curious but wonder if anyone can shed some light as to why volunteers sign up with OPR and when they receive our newsletter they ask to "Unsubscribe?"  If our newsletter was one that came out every week I could understand, but it doesn't. I always unsubscribe those that ask and there are quite a few volunteers that drop by the wayside and were never active to begin with, but occasionally I get a volunteer that is active and on the forum. One reason I use the newsletter is that a large number of volunteers do not read the OPR Forum and I need to get the word out. This is especially true when there is a natural disaster and I need volunteers that live close by. Guess I will continue to be curious.

Margie

"carpe diem"

Margie Hayes
OPR President
[email protected]

Pat

Personally I think the newsletters are great and would like to see them sent out more frequently.

It could be some people just find their in-boxes perpetually swamped with more emails than they have time for and if they are active and regularly on the forum they may think unfortunately that the newsletter is probably just going to be redundant information cluttering their inbox?

Some people may like the newsletter in a web version while others may need one specifically formatted for phones, and still others may only be interested in RSS feeds.  Should we add a check box on the volunteer registration form for people to indicate whether or not they are open to receiving newsletters?
Pat

"Take a deep breath and think of the three things you are grateful for, right in this moment."  -MJ Ryan Author

Tess (Tassie D)

I think they are great and not like you get more than 1 every 3 months or so.
Tess Cameron
Distribution Coordinator
[email protected]

Chris.

Does seem odd, that if someone takes the time to join OPR, that they wouldn't want an Newsletter for updates. Can only assume they are no longer interested in OPR, but who knows for sure. I myself like them. :)
Chris

The only reason for time is so that everything doesn't happen at once... A. Einstein