• Welcome to Operation Photo Rescue's Online Community.

Help please :)

Started by WMB27, February 11, 2015, 06:06:21 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

WMB27

Hi there

I'm hoping I've done this right & you can see my images!

I'm wondering what the best approach is at the left-hand side of this image; there is obviously some kind of vehicle with some wording on it but I'm not sure how to restore it, not knowing what it should look like. I've looked on the web for anything looking remotely similar & I've asked for reference material but there is non available. It's been suggested to me that I try to make it look right & reduce the contrast a little so as not to draw attention to it, which I will do if that is the only option, but I'm hoping one of you guys might be able to help me so I can make it right.

Thank you
Wendy  :)

WMB27

Hmmm, obviously I haven't done it right & my images aren't visible, can someone please help me with that first lol

Hannie

Hi Wendy, the link below will tel you how to post images in your thread.
http://www.operationphotorescue.org/forum/index.php/topic,2002.0.html

Hannie
Hannie Scheltema
Distribution Coordinator
[email protected]

Hannie

Wendy, in the blue channel may be some detail visible that will help you with your repairs.
I used a curves layer and with the gray dropper I sampled in the gray areas of the airplane.  That takes care of some of the discoloring.

Great job so far!

Hannie

Hannie Scheltema
Distribution Coordinator
[email protected]

WMB27

Wow Hannie, the detail there is great, I always forget to look at the individual channels! Thank you so much for your help & thanks also for the link on how to post images :)

Wendy

WMB27

Hi again, can anyone tell me what type of plane this is please; my Dad thinks it's a Typhoon, but I wanted to be sure as I'm trying to decipher the tail markings/logo.

Thanks
Wendy  :)

Hannie

Wendy, I believe the airplane is an F16 falcon.  The F2 (Mitsubishi) was based on this model.
The Eurofighter Typhoon has 2 extra little wing type flaps in front of the wings.

Hannie

seal on the tail

Hannie Scheltema
Distribution Coordinator
[email protected]

Tori803

Nice research, Hannie  :up2:
Tori
"Nothing in the world can take the place of persistence." -Calvin Coolidge

WMB27

Hannie, you're a star, once again thank you for your help!

Wendy

Mhayes

I agree! Thanks Hannie.

Margie
"carpe diem"

Margie Hayes
OPR President
[email protected]

Hannie

Glad to be of help, I was just lucky to stumble upon the image of the Falcon.  I initially thought it was a F2a but these are used by the Japanese Airforce.
In the image it seems like the soldier was wearing  U.S. apparel so a Japanese airplane didn't make much sense.  :)

Hannie
Hannie Scheltema
Distribution Coordinator
[email protected]