• Welcome to Operation Photo Rescue's Online Community.

New Member from So. Alabama

Started by Lb69, February 05, 2015, 12:48:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lb69

Hi everyone, Larry here from Alabama. I learned of this site through Photoshop Gurus forum. I have already spotted one of my colleagues from there. I am more or less retired from the business world so I have a good bit of time for my other interests. I love Photoshop and using it for restorations. Always happy to assist when there is a need. Looking forward to working with some photos and you guys and girls.  :)

Mhayes

Welcome Larry to the Forum from Kansas. I too learned Photoshop from the Gurus forum and from Katrin Eismann's books. A lot of our volunteers came to us through NAPP and Matt Kloskowki's photo restoration classes at Photoshop World. I think you will really enjoy it here and hope to see you on the Forum again and if ever you have the chance come join us on a copy run. There you will get to meet the faces behind the photos we restore.

Not sure who one of your colleagues is, but one of our top restorers and board member Kiska Moore is from Alabama.

Margie
"carpe diem"

Margie Hayes
OPR President
[email protected]

Mike S.

Welcome from Michigan Larry,

I also learned restoring from Katrin Eismann's Books and the online tutorials.  I also learned about OPR from the same books.  Restoring gives a lot of personal satisfaction.  Hope to see you on the Forum more.  This is the place to give and get restoring tips.

Mike
Mike S.

Pat

Another big welcome from Michigan.  It's wonderful to have you join us!

Pat
Pat

"Take a deep breath and think of the three things you are grateful for, right in this moment."  -MJ Ryan Author

Lb69

Thanks for the warm welcome (although I suspect it's not so warm in Michigan). My colleague I spoke of is from England but doesn't appear to be too active. I will encourage him to participate more.
Not to promote PS Gurus (I am a Mod there) if your not a member, check it out. It has 40,000 members now and lots of very competent artists and PS users.

Bambi

:cool: A truly warm welcome from sunny Las Vegas. Hope to see your work on Forum.

Bambi

Tori803

Tori
"Nothing in the world can take the place of persistence." -Calvin Coolidge

kiska

Hey Larry. WAR EAGLE, hopefully.  :cool:
I see you're from LA. (lower Alabama). I'm up here on Lookout Mountain.
kiska
Photoshop 2021, MacPro

Lb69

Yes'mam - War Eagle it is. Back in LA after being in the Carolinas for about 35 years. Thanks for the welcome!

kiska

kiska
Photoshop 2021, MacPro