• Welcome to Operation Photo Rescue's Online Community.

Need help!

Started by Pearl, January 12, 2015, 07:12:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Pearl

Original

In Progress

I am at the beginning of this restoration and
I fined  a bit challanging,the objects under the tv,lower left and right corners under the lamp(if it is a lamp) are unlear to me.Any suggestions?Please fill free to give me suggestion regarding the other parts of the picture as well.Thank You.

Mhayes

Hi Perl2113, I think your brave for taking this one on. The first thing you should do is color correct and the easiest would be a Levels Adjustment where you move the sliders in on all three channels. That will brighten up the photo. I would not worry about what is under the TV as there is no useful information in any of the channels and not really important. I would continue down with the curtains under the TV.

Margie
"carpe diem"

Margie Hayes
OPR President
[email protected]

Pearl

Was working on the left side, building up the curtains as you suggested.Sometimes I feel like giving up on this one but keep reminding myself that I am gonna grow and learn if I don't give up.I will work on the bigger kid ,maybe start it over since I smudged it too much with the healing brush and can`t see the detail on his face and jacket. Are there any tricks that I can use on his face.Thank You

Mhayes

I'm thinking you can see the oval part that the TV is sitting on with your first restore. Right now the TV is not connected to the top of the pedestal and it looks like it is floating in air. I know that I mentioned bringing the curtains on down, but also wonder if you add a little more width under the base. It is not going to be accurate, but rather an attempt to fill in what is missing. Sorry I couldn't be of more help.

Margie
"carpe diem"

Margie Hayes
OPR President
[email protected]

Hannie

Hi Pearl,

Adding a little shading underneath the TV on the curtains and floor may also help to get rid of the "floating" effect?

Great job so far!

Hannie
Hannie Scheltema
Distribution Coordinator
[email protected]

Pearl

Any input to further improve the picture would be appreciated.Thank You.I would also like to thank who contributed to restoring the picture.

Mhayes

Hi Pearl, great cleanup! You still need to ground the TV as it look like it is floating in air. I tried to download your work, but unfortunately your photo is a Gif and that makes it impossible to work. Plus, you loose detail when you do that. Saving as a "Gif" is for illustration, not for photos that have fine details and colors. Yes, it makes for a smaller file size, but that is all. Upload as jpeg. I did a screen print and did a elliptical marquee under the TV and duplicated the layer and then use multiply for the mode to darken. This was just a quickie to show you what I mean by being grounded.

Nice work.

Margie
"carpe diem"

Margie Hayes
OPR President
[email protected]

Pearl

Thank You so much for helping me! :loveit:
Pearl

Mhayes

Perfect! Great job on a difficult photo!

Margie
"carpe diem"

Margie Hayes
OPR President
[email protected]

Hannie

Pearl, congratulations on your amazing restore! The owner is going to so happy that you brought this photo back to life.

I have 3 minor picks in your otherwise beautiful restore.  In a Levels adjustment layer the blue slider could come in some from the right.  I believe that 1 of the 2 highlights in the right child's eye is actually damage?  The shading that you added under the TV, there is a white horizontal line there that may look better darkened also?

:up2:

Hannie

Hannie Scheltema
Distribution Coordinator
[email protected]