• Welcome to Operation Photo Rescue's Online Community.

How is everyone?

Started by Kenny, December 27, 2006, 03:49:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kenny

Hi, I hope everyone is doing well.

I know this is a busy time of the year for most people, regardless of which holidays we do (or don't) celebrate. The stores are all full, traffic is insane (or more so than usual, anyway), and the general populace seems to have lost it's collective mind.

Try not to get too caught up in all of it. Family and friends are what are important in this, or any other time of the year.  We've made it through another year, and the new year holds promise and opportunity for those willing to seize it.

All of us here at OPR are part of something wonderful. Our goal represents the best aspect of mankind; caring.

Right now things are slow and it's easy to get discouraged. Times like these are valuable, however. We have the time to plan, think of new approaches, and more efficient methods. All this helps contribute to our goal of restoring memories for those affected by tragedy.

This is a good thing we're all doing. The media at large hasn't noticed us as much as they probably should, but in my heart I know we're doing a good thing, and that awareness alone is enough to keep me going.

May the new year bring you closer to your friends and family, and may you be blessed in your endeavors here at OPR.

Kenny Alexander :)

But why is the rum gone?

cmpentecost

Happy Holidays to everyone!

I have a feeling this is the calm before the storm, as Dave said new pictures will be released after the 1st of the year.  The holidays always keep me busy, but it's a lot of fun as well.  I'm trying to spend some time each day in Photoshop, keeping my skills sharp, and learning a few more things to improve my future restorations.

Katrina remains in the news a lot.  It seems I read something at least once a week on some impact Katrina has had on our world, and in particular, those in the storm area.  Let's hope 2007 brings us another year of no major hurricanes!

May you all enjoy your holiday season, and have a wonderful 2007.

Christine

glennab

Happy New Year everyone!

Checking in since I haven't posted much lately.  After taking all my vitamins, minerals, eating healthful food and swearing I wouldn't get sick, I was flat on my back the entire Christmas weekend with an exotic bug of some sort.  As luck would have it, we didn't have much planned until Thursday, then we got 4 invitations to friends' & family's for one festivity or the other.  Hubby had to stand in.  I couldn't get out of bed.

Anyway, I'm at work, on the mend and excited that I'm about ready to send back my beloved Army couple.

I have such a positive feeling about the coming year.  What we're doing at OPR has made my last year a wonderful one, and I don't expect that feeling to diminish in the least.  Besides doing the restorations, I've loved being on the forum and interacting with people who are like-minded and also very special in my book.

There's a strong feeling in my heart that events around the world will push the human race in a more upward direction in 2007.  (I'm pseudo-psychic, so take that for what it's worth.)   I do truly believe that the more positive emotions and deeds we offer to our fellow passengers on this planet, the more good will occur everywhere.  There's an exponential factor at work.

My hope is that you're all blessed with health, happiness and love in 2007 and beyond.  I know I feel blessed being part of this organization and having special OPR pals around the world.

Love and peace to all of you,

GG

What we do for ourselves dies with us. What we do for others and the world remains and is immortal. ~Albert Pine

(Photoshop CS5 /Mac Pro)

Ausimax

Hi Kenny, Christine, Glenna,

Glad to hear you have all survived the holiday period, though sorry to hear you were unwell Glenna - always one Party pooper, ;D

Had a quiet time as expected, though we had the bonus of an unseasonal cool change, Xmas day was 22 to 35 degrees, Boxing Day went from 17 to 13, damn near froze we did, though the real bonus we we got 30mm of rain over 3 days and you can almost hear the grass growing.

I guess everyone is champing at the bit, waiting for the new images to be posted, I know I am, starting to suffer from restoration withdrawal I think.

Anyway have a Happy New Year and don't welcome it too outrageously.  >:D

Max
Wisdom is having a well considered opinion .... and being smart enough to keep it to yourself!     MJS

"Life" is what happens while you are planning other things!

Ratz

Happy New year to everyone!!!! :loveit:
Christmas has gone by in such a rush, all that work and it goes in the blink of an eye. I hope everyone had a great day, as I did, with lots of family and friends around.
My wonderful family got me a new graphics card for my computer, so I can dig into the new round of pics at a much faster pace!
Glenna, Ihope you're feeling better now,isn't it always the way that we manage to get sick at the most inconvenient times?
Max, it was great to have a cooler Christmas, wasn't it? But how strange is this Aussie weather at the moment?
I wish you all the very best in 2007. Keep well and happy and enjoy every moment. :-*

Vicki.