• Welcome to Operation Photo Rescue's Online Community.

Little more than Lost lol

Started by Vintage In Wonderland, August 16, 2013, 06:57:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Vintage In Wonderland

Hello, I'm rather new and a bit lost as to where I find photos to work on to restore them ? I looked on the "Gallery" tab, and then scrolled down to the Galleries, and clicked on "Pets Of OPR", and a few of the other galleries... however after getting that far, I looked at the photos and all of them seemed to be already "restored" or something.. Where do I look for galleries that need resorting ?

Pat

The galleries containing OPR photos that need restoring are in Photoshelter.  When logged into the OPR Forum home page you will find a "PHOTOSHELTER click and pick a damaged photo" click on button near the upper left corner of the screen.

A must read is the "Photoshelter Pitfalls to Avoid" found at this link:  http://www.operationphotorescue.org/forum/index.php/topic,3925.0.html

The "NAVIGATING OPR" click on button also found near the upper left on the OPR Forum home page will open a pdf contains a lot of very helpful information too.

Pat

Pat

"Take a deep breath and think of the three things you are grateful for, right in this moment."  -MJ Ryan Author

Vintage In Wonderland

Ok, Thank you ! I understand that now, :-). Ok, 2nd question, I have posted comments a few times now and got no e-mail back yet. About how long does this take , I just wondered ?

Pat

Keeping in mind the time zone difference between you and the distributors, Jonas is in Germany, Tess is in Australia, and Bambi is in Nevada, it can take a couple of days.  If you don't get the email invite to download after a couple of days and a check of the gallery shows the photo has been removed, you can assume another volunteer chose the photo first and you should feel free to make another choice.

Pat
Pat

"Take a deep breath and think of the three things you are grateful for, right in this moment."  -MJ Ryan Author

Tess (Tassie D)

Hi April, I can see 2 photos in your download gallery. The invites are going to your live.com email address.
Tess Cameron
Distribution Coordinator
[email protected]