• Welcome to Operation Photo Rescue's Online Community.

Moore, Oklahoma

Started by Mhayes, May 27, 2013, 01:37:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mhayes

Hi Everyone,

Check out the new homepage/blog: http://www.operationphotorescue.org/

On the blog page is a photo taken by Mark Zimmerman, Assistant Professor of Photographer at the University of Central Oklahoma in Edmond, OK. Shown are some of the displaced photos brought to be dried and later posted for claiming. The photo in the hand is a poignant example of a memory lost.

This week I will be traveling to Moore, OK to meet with other groups helping in the rescue. While too early to make plans for a copy run there; OPR will be able to help those with damaged photos that need restoring. I will let you know as things unfold.

Margie
"carpe diem"

Margie Hayes
OPR President
[email protected]

Pat

Margie it's wonderful that word is getting out so quickly that the photos can be saved and restored rather than just tossed out, and that they are also being collected, dried, and arrangements made for families to claim them.  I heard on a news cast that photos from Moore have been found as far away as Arkansas.

Pat
Pat

"Take a deep breath and think of the three things you are grateful for, right in this moment."  -MJ Ryan Author

Candice

:wnw:  What wonderful news.  I'll get to meet you finally. 
Candice

dle

This is great news. Getting started early with the other groups who want to help is a wonderful idea. It's so much easier to do before everyone has invested a lot of energy putting together firm plans that they're reluctant to change.

If there's anything I can do to help with this, I'm more than willing.
Dave

In theory, there is no difference between theory and practice. But, in practice, there is.
-- Jan L. A. van de Snepscheut (1953–1994)

Mhayes

Paul and Candice, once things get closer to a run, you will be able to help and I will keep you in the loop. Right now the focus is clean up and the collecting of displaced photos. The reason for my going to meet the other groups is so OPR's name is out there for those needing restoration. Also, some families may have their photos and want to know how to contact us.

Look forward to meeting you both and yes Candice--we finally get to meet.  :)

Pat, I'm not surprised on how way away a photo was found.

Margie
"carpe diem"

Margie Hayes
OPR President
[email protected]