• Welcome to Operation Photo Rescue's Online Community.

Thank You from New Jersey

Started by Mhayes, May 14, 2013, 01:18:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mhayes

Hi Everyone,

Today I received a typed thank you note and a $50 donation from a family in Normandy Beach, NJ that was helped on the recent run. Here is what the note said:

QuoteTo Whom It May Concern:

We were more than excited to learn of your organization!! Our family lost two permanent homes as a result of Hurricane Sandy--mine and my mother's both in Normandy Beach. And from both many, many photo albums, framed photos and big bins of photos were lost. Some we were able to salvage from the ruins of our homes and some we were lucky enough to have returned through the Hurricane Sandy's Lost Treasures.

This past Saturday I brought photos to you in Seaside Heights, NJ. The people there could not have been more wonderful. They took images of my parent's wedding pictures, other family photos, including a large portrait, taken in 1963 when we were a family of 10 children with mom and dad . . . later we were blessed with number 11!!

In our appreciation of all your time, skills and efforts, we are including the following donation to your organization. We thank you deeply for this irreplaceable sentimental treasures.

God bless you all.

This made my day as I'm sure it will make yours!

Margie

"carpe diem"

Margie Hayes
OPR President
[email protected]

Tori803

Tori
"Nothing in the world can take the place of persistence." -Calvin Coolidge

Pat

What a pleasure to be able to help this wonderful family.   

Pat
Pat

"Take a deep breath and think of the three things you are grateful for, right in this moment."  -MJ Ryan Author