• Welcome to Operation Photo Rescue's Online Community.

Can I remove comment requesting image?

Started by Jo Ann Snover, March 13, 2013, 12:13:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jo Ann Snover

I put in my name on two images late on Monday. The comments are still there but I haven't been sent either of them to work on. As the images are still in the gallery, I assume no one else has been sent them either?

Can I remove my comments and pick another gallery so I can have something to work on? I know the guidelines said not to put comments in multiple galleries so I didn't want to just add new ones.

If I can't remove my comments, is there some way to know ahead of time if a distributor is "out" for a while so we don't request images from them until they're back?
Jo Ann

Mhayes

Hi Jo Ann,

I wish there was a way to remove comments from PhotoShelter as we have requested on numerous times, because it can be a real pain when there are multiple requests and also trying to remember when there are comments for 2nd and 3rd choice whether the comment are current or to be ignored. My advise is to contact the distributor by email or on the Forum and tell them to ignore your comment.

Sometimes the delay is because of time zones as Jonas is in Germany and Tess in Australia. When in doubt drop the distributor an email. As mentioned before the comment section can be a real can of worms for the distributors. Before we had the onslaught of new volunteers it was fairly easy to keep track of things, but now you could have 20+ comments and not all of them are for first choice. So with a majority for 2nd and 3rd choice it is hard to know if a volunteer is still waiting for a photo. Plus, if you are currently working on a photo, we ask that you not request another until that photo is finished and OK'd by the distributor. We want everyone to have a chance for a photo.

Distributor's email:

Hannie: [email protected]
Jonas: [email protected]
Bambi: [email protected]
Tess: [email protected]

Margie

"carpe diem"

Margie Hayes
OPR President
[email protected]

Jo Ann Snover

Thanks. I've sent Bambi e-mail to see what's up. It's good to have that list of e-mail addresses.

In Bambi's reply (and I now have one of the images to work on) she noted that Photoshelter included my new comments in a list of older ones so she didn't realize it was a new request.

She suggested that I put the date in my comment, which seemed like an easy thing to do and perhaps if that's helpful to all the distributors, it might go into the instructions for volunteers for the future?
Jo Ann

Mhayes

Judy, that is a great suggestion about dating your comments and also on instructions for volunteers in the future. I'm trying to keep a straight face on the last one as sometimes it seems with all our instruction, screen prints, and emails---they become like invisible ink.

Margie
"carpe diem"

Margie Hayes
OPR President
[email protected]

Jo Ann Snover

Quote from: Mhayes on March 15, 2013, 01:54:41 PM
... as sometimes it seems with all our instruction, screen prints, and emails---they become like invisible ink.

:)
Jo Ann

Hannie

Hannie Scheltema
Distribution Coordinator
[email protected]