• Welcome to Operation Photo Rescue's Online Community.

old volunteer

Started by Ratz, January 31, 2013, 02:55:51 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ratz

Hi Pat and Victoria, I am one of your volunteers who has been absent for a few years due to the ill health of my daughter, long story short, I have been out of touch for quite a while but would like to get back into the program again. I have done quite a lot of restores for you guys, as you would be able to find out. Just wanted to touch base and let you know that I am willing and able once again to help out. Best wishes, Vicki Sewell (ratz)
:loveit:

Pat

Wonderful Vicki!  It's so good to have you back and just in time too.  Things are really going to get lively around here after the New York copy run which will be taking place this weekend.

Pat 
Pat

"Take a deep breath and think of the three things you are grateful for, right in this moment."  -MJ Ryan Author

Mhayes

Hi Vicki, it's great to see you back and you were missed. Sometimes when I look back on older posts on the Forum I see volunteers that I wonder how they are doing. You are coming back at a great time.

Sorry to hear about your daughter.
"carpe diem"

Margie Hayes
OPR President
[email protected]

Hannie

Hi Vicki, it is so good to see you back on the forum and we missed having you around!
I hope your daughter is doing a little better than a few years ago.  Wishing all the best to you and your family.

Hannie
Hannie Scheltema
Distribution Coordinator
[email protected]

Tori803

Welcome back, Vicki! While we're waiting on the New York trip, you might enjoy flexing your restoration 'muscles' on our Non Restore Challenges. At the very least, they'll make you think the New York photos to come are much easier ^-^.
Tori
"Nothing in the world can take the place of persistence." -Calvin Coolidge

Mhayes

Tori803, you are really, really good! I'm not sure Vicki has been away that long to not suspect danger lurking with ". . .you might enjoy flexing your restoration 'muscles' on our Non-Restore Challenges."

Margie
"carpe diem"

Margie Hayes
OPR President
[email protected]

Tori803

Tori

Ratz

Thanks everyone for the welcomes, am looking forward to getting back into it. Have been doing some restos for family to keep my hand in and one serious computer malfunction put me out for a while!!  :mad: My daughter is doing ok, awaiting a lung transplant, but getting on as beast she can, she is such a trooper....she is 30 years old and has 4 kids and a husband who is just the best... I am amazed at how they handle things!

Hannie

What an exciting time for you and your family Vicki.  I know of 2 people who had a lung transplant and their lives have changed so much for the better, I hope theire will be a donor lung available for your daughter very soon.
It sound like your daughter has great family support!

Hannie
Hannie Scheltema
Distribution Coordinator
[email protected]

Tori803

Hope everything goes well for her. You must be anxious.
Tori

glennab

Hi Vicki

It's great to see you back.  I wish your daughter the best of luck in overcoming her physical problems.  Tell her to do everything she can to keep her spirits up.  Joy, laughter and love are all very healing.

I'm also missing in action for the most part - from brain issues that I hope will be overcome with new doctors and new treatments by the end of spring. Meanwhile, I lurk periodically to see what's happening and to enjoy hearing from all of our amazing newbies - and returning veterans like you.

Hugs!
GK
What we do for ourselves dies with us. What we do for others and the world remains and is immortal. ~Albert Pine

(Photoshop CS5 /Mac Pro)