• Welcome to Operation Photo Rescue's Online Community.

Show off your workspace!

Started by Kenny, November 11, 2006, 11:40:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

cmpentecost

Ok, it's taken me awhile, but I'm finally posting photos of my "work space".  I love my new office.  Lots of desk space, lots of closet/storage space, and awesome views from my desk!

Christine

glennab

Hi Chris

OK, I'm moving in with you!  What a fabulous work area -- and an amazing view.

I've moved mine around again - had to make room for the cats, otherwise I'd have a fuzz butt standing right in front of my monitor all the time.  If they have space to sit beside me or the keyboard, they'll go to sleep and be pretty unobtrusive, but the last time I moved everything I didn't allow that space.  They were indignant!

So I moved the G3 AGAIN, and since I'm still battling bronchitis, I wasn't really well enough to be under the desk disconnecting computer components.  Pulled the monitor (a 17-inch ViewSonic -- big bugger!) off the desk and onto the floor beside me.  Miraculously, only the case is cracked, it still works and it didn't land on me or I'd have a broken neck.  I'm still clearing the blue air out of my office!

Anyway, I'll try not to be envious, but it's gonna be a struggle.  Enjoy!

GG
What we do for ourselves dies with us. What we do for others and the world remains and is immortal. ~Albert Pine

(Photoshop CS5 /Mac Pro)

Ausimax

Great Workspace Christine, I'm jealous, especially of that view. :'(

Max
Wisdom is having a well considered opinion .... and being smart enough to keep it to yourself!     MJS

"Life" is what happens while you are planning other things!

cmpentecost

Thanks Glenna and Max,

I have to admit that the mountain photo was taken last May, but based on our lack of snow here, there isn't a whole lot of difference (other than the green parts!).  I was able to have a lot of input into the design of my office, and it's become my little bit of heaven.  I have wonderful views of the mountains, lots of peace and quiet when I want it, and when the kitties become obnoxious, I can close my doors and lock them out.  I feel very blessed to be living in what I consider my dream home, with my dream office, in a dream location.  I must always remember to count my blessings.   :halo:

Christine

kiska

Christine, nice digs. I especially like the desk chairs.
kiska
Photoshop 2021, MacPro

cmpentecost

Thanks Kiska.  I got the chairs thru www.businesschairs.com.  $133 delivered.

Christine

RosyBijou

OK.  So I thought I knew how to upload pics to this board and wasn't able to...   Let's see if this works...  This is my humble abode.  I scavenged the desk (and the two lamps)  from our local dump--drawers are pretty much stuck closed, but rewired the lights so they work...!  The marble slabs, folding tables holding up the long skinny slab and chair were destined for the dump from various friends & family members.  (Nope, I'm not above using other people's garbage...  ;D )  I ambushed a closet in our family room and that now holds most of my supplies--and in the second picture, my trusty sidekick!  Always willing to lend a helping (albeit sticky) hand...  I had the option of getting a real desk with working drawers and a nice new chair --or-- upgrading my monitor  (that decision didn't take me too long!)  If the two pics below don't come up, I also put them in my Picasa album: http://picasaweb.google.com/RosyBijou/OPR/photo#5028063107755373010

EDIT JOHN:  tried to help you with the img tags... you need an img tag at the beginning and at the end... just put a forward slash before your img in the last tag...
Kerry
(aka RosyBijou)

RosyBijou

:mad:  It didn't work! So how DO you get pics to show up on these forums??  (Or is it OK just to keep using links to my Picasa album?  I'm quite happy using Picasa if it's OK with everyone here...) 

Please tell me what I did wrong...  For these, I opened an image shack account and uploaded the two pics there.  Then I clicked on the little picture icon in the OPR toolbar and inserted a copy of the image shack links between the little [img]'s  Feeling frustrated that I can't figure this out--time lost that could have been spent on my restorations...
Kerry
(aka RosyBijou)

kiska

Rosy, I have a gallery at pbase. When I want to post a pic directly here I (mac keys) :

Get the image by itself in the gallery

Control+click on that image

"Open in new window"

Insert THAT link between [img ]http://[/img]
kiska
Photoshop 2021, MacPro

RosyBijou

Kerry
(aka RosyBijou)

glennab

Hi Kerry

Love your workspace --it really looks comfy!  The wood is so warm, and the windows are beautiful.  And who's your companion with the wonderful smile?

Glenna
What we do for ourselves dies with us. What we do for others and the world remains and is immortal. ~Albert Pine

(Photoshop CS5 /Mac Pro)

Dave

All of these PC's! Where are my Apple people! C'mon rise up against the Microsoft oppressor!
Dave Ellis
OPR Founder
[email protected]

Ausimax

Nice space Kerry, love those windows.

I use ImageShack also it is a good free site for Forum images as there is no limit to the number of images you can store, it is not very elegant, but it means you can leave your posted photos active, then if somebody checks out an old post you have made, the pix are still there.

To post photos from Imageshack, right click the image you want to post and select "View" from the menu, then when the photo opens, click on the button that says "Get Linking Code", in the bottom of the page chose "Hotlinks for Forums" then left click to highlight and right click and Copy. Then paste directly into your post, don't use the forum "add picture" button, the linking code from Imageshack has the URL code included.
It used to be easier you could get the codes directly from the first page thumbnails, now the code on the first page only provides clickable links.

Dave , get with the strength, besides Bill needs the" Dough"!

Max
Wisdom is having a well considered opinion .... and being smart enough to keep it to yourself!     MJS

"Life" is what happens while you are planning other things!

kstruve

Oh Dave, say it isn't so!   :-[   Just kidding. I'm sure your mac is very adequate.  ;)  Glenna is a mac user, so you've got company.

Here is my work workspace.  Yep, that's Krusty the Clown and Scooby-Doo on my right monitor ... along with other assorted toys.

Here is my home workspace.  Note the messy desk and presence of beer bottle.

Kurt

RosyBijou

Thanks, guys, for the compliments and help on getting my images up. 

Little secret on those windows... I made them, but they're not real stained glass-(though everyone who sees them thinks they are...)  I cut plexi to the size of the windows and used the strips that came with one of the "stained glass" Plaid craft kits to simulate the lead.  The "glass" colors are actually made of window cling material (Plaid sells the kit with beautiful translucent paints just for this purpose--I have the "paints" on one of my other windows, but used the clings on these because I wanted to try the technique...)   I designed these patterns--each of the five panels are a little different--but Plaid does  have some lovely designs.  Someday, I would like to learn how to do stained glass for real and maybe use these as design templates, but for now, I'm happy to have the look-alikes...

My "little sidekick" is my just-turned-six-going-on-thirty son.  In a strange way, he's a big part of how I got into all this.  I dramatically cut back my hours as a nurse when he came to our home (he started here as a very tiny and fragile foster child--we adopted him a few years ago).  As he grew healthier, stronger and more independant, I became more involved in my computer imaging stuff--a long time hobby--and started a small home based business in image editing/restoration/manipulating.  I formally "retired" from nursing last year.  I'm not sure that I would have ever had the courage to step out in this direction if I hadn't stayed home with him when he came to us--as I never would have left my nursing job.  (I call him my angel-baby!)  I have a feeling that when he goes to full-day school next year, I'm going to be a little lost...  I had to work full time when my oldest was this age--he's 15 now--and know all too well how fast the time goes...

Kurt, do I remember correctly from a different post that you do the architectural drawings for a living?--- and are the ones in the background yours?  They are just beautiful!  (actually spectacular is probably a more fitting word...)  (The image on the monitor is pretty awesome too!)
Kerry
(aka RosyBijou)