• Welcome to Operation Photo Rescue's Online Community.

Show off your workspace!

Started by Kenny, November 11, 2006, 11:40:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kenny

I'll go first.

Here is my uber geeky super duper old desk/computer desk. Isn't it sweet?

Notice it has plenty of room for eating dinner while online.

It has the required "coaster that my wife makes me put down even though the desktop is ugly and any damage would be improvement". Whew! What a sentence! Of course, the coaster is good for holding the official drink of the computer geek:

Note the ugly, stained speakers that my brother in law traded me for a cd drive. They sound killer while playing Halo though, so it's all good :)

While working on the computer one might get the urge to partake in a tasty snack between meals. I give you....the official snack food of the geek:

Note the large dual purpose snack/supply drawer. This is why we like old desks....huge drawers!

For a finale, I give you "The drawer of no return"

No one is really sure what exactly is in this drawer. Geeks rarely throw away old, scatched cd's. They go to the drawer to die. The drawer is also a good place to look in case some kid comes by on a treasure hunt. (remember those?). If you look hard enough in the drawer, you'll probably find just about anything and everything.

Well, there you have it. My geek desk!

Isn't your life more  complete for having seen that? :P

Kenny

But why is the rum gone?

kiska

kiska
Photoshop 2021, MacPro

pcraft

The wifes system is to the left and mine is on the right..   :)

glennab

This is home most days.  Still a work in progress

The beloved old G3. (West peninsula of U-shaped desk)

The beloved new Mac Pro (East peninsula of U-shaped desk), still needing a better set up.  Can anyone lend me some time?

The obligatory cat on printer (Midge). Printer is covered to protect it from cat barf!  Yuck!

The obligatory cat companion, Scooter, (pay no attention to the litter and litter box that I wish were behind the curtain!)  Note there's space for 2 on the climber,  and there are usually at least two there and two on the end of the desk.

Kenny, unlike you, I refuse to show the contents of drawers and behind doors.  Too scary!

The mysterious headless red shirt is what's left of my office chair.  I can't bear to look at the feline destruction, so I covered it with a dhurry rug and put the shirt on it for fun.  It's usually where Midge or Smoke sit to groom my hair while I'm restoring.

GG
What we do for ourselves dies with us. What we do for others and the world remains and is immortal. ~Albert Pine

(Photoshop CS5 /Mac Pro)

Ausimax

This is my little corner to the world, nothing too special, all run of the mill gear and as usual "spaghetti junction", cables every-were, every now and then I get all industrious and sort them all out and bundle them up neatly, and without exception within a couple of weeks something will fail and it all has to be undone.

My wife has a similar setup in the other corner, no tours of drawers, I'm afraid, my clutter is not fit for public display.

Glenna, the litter tray is in my knee-hole, very convenient until someone drops a "clanger" whilst you are hard at it.

Max
Wisdom is having a well considered opinion .... and being smart enough to keep it to yourself!     MJS

"Life" is what happens while you are planning other things!

glennab

Max, I love the "clanger" statement.  That's a new term for me, and quite appropriate.  Needless to say, I also get to enjoy that experience on a regular basis, since the box is so close to my desk.

I love this thread.  It's wonderful to see everyone's comfy computer area.

Have a wonderful week!

GG
What we do for ourselves dies with us. What we do for others and the world remains and is immortal. ~Albert Pine

(Photoshop CS5 /Mac Pro)

Kenny

Ooh, I love your eyeglasses holder, Max!  Much better than me having to hunt for my reading glasses. I need to find one of those :P

Kenny :)

But why is the rum gone?

milanab

kenny i hear the words HALO and geek at my house everyday i think.  always good to know another geek, hubby  :loveit:  and son  :loveit: are both "uber geeky"  aren't you proud -  i even know what that means!!

well i broke my digital camera so i will somewhat describe my workspace.  mabel (my computer) and i are in the middle  part of the house- long ranch style house.  i call mabel the exiled computer.  i  have no tv and the guys are in another room, i hear them or see them on their way to the bathroom but usually i go where they are due to the above mentioned HALO, Oblivion,WOW,or the like  or current 3-d model my son is working on, always  involving a dragon,half-elf or drow  and a castle.  allow a brag here,  he is 14 and is taking to this like a duck in a pond he is turning out some beautiful renders. 

my work space consists of a 100 year old kitchen cabinet, the kind with the enamel over steel work top and flour sifter bin. in front of that i had a matching enamel over steel work table, however i was having a lot of shoulder and back pain from the height of the keyboard.  i recently switched out the worktable for a modern ( looks so tacky  together) glass and metal table i picked up at the side of the road.  probably a 300 dollar table someone threw out in perfect condition.  closer to a good height with a shelf under it for my feet to be a little bit elevated.

my companion is a halloween crab , not the hermit variety, this one is a regular crab.  she molted last week and if she was a he, we would call her "THE DOCTOR"  (DOCTOR WHO)   since she just regenerated.   she loves apples,grapes and broccoli and comes to the edge of the tank and stares at me when she is hungry.  those funny little eye stalks waving around.  haha.  someday soon i hope to let you see what she looks like we are camera shopping
without faith...there is no hope

glennab

milanb --

What an interesting companion you have.  Probably a lot less messy than mine!  I'm amazed that she interacts with you when she's hungry -- and fascinated by what she eats.  Look forward to photos!

GG

(Photoshop CS5 /Mac Pro)

cmpentecost

Hi everyone,

I promise I'll get a picture of my office uploaded.  I wanted to before the boxes arrived, but it didn't happen.  The movers delivered our entire household of stuff this morning, and I have boxes everywhere, but it is so exciting.  Kind of like Christmas...I'm opening boxes in which I have no idea of what is inside!

I just took a break to check emails, but I better get back to the boxes!

Christine

Sharon

How do I upload my workspace picture?   :huh:

Sharon

Sharon

Here is my workspace.  I hope the picture shows up.  This is my first attempt.

milanab

Quote from: glennab on November 13, 2006, 03:37:51 PM
milanb --

What an interesting companion you have.  Probably a lot less messy than mine!  I'm amazed that she interacts with you when she's hungry -- and fascinated by what she eats.  Look forward to photos!

GG

i have two kitties, jack and lillie, as well, but they stay in a different part of the house 95% of the time.
without faith...there is no hope

Kenny

Wow, Sharon, nice and organized!  :up:

Mine only looks halfway decent because I had just moved it.  :funny:

Kenny :)

But why is the rum gone?

Sharon

Kenny:

It did'nt look this good a couple of days ago.  It was sooo messy I had to clean the area up.  It will NOT last long.   :)