• Welcome to Operation Photo Rescue's Online Community.

more misfortune

Started by Atlantis, December 09, 2012, 05:58:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Atlantis

The past year I had some serious pc problems and sad family events that slowed down restoring for opr.
Yesterday while taking pics of winterwonderland I slipped, fell and broke my left upperarm. Every other bodypart works fine so I can work on restores to keep my mind of the fact I cannot dance for a few weeks  :'(
The only way to get better is to figure out what I did wrong.

Mhayes

Atlantis, sorry to hear of your fall and hope it isn't your dominate side you write with? Stay upright from now on and may you dance again soon.

:hug:

Margie
"carpe diem"

Margie Hayes
OPR President
[email protected]

Hannie

Hi Atlantis, so sorry to hear of your fall, you really did have an Annus horribilis!  Hope your arm will mend fast and next year will be your Annus mirabilis.

Hannie
Hannie Scheltema
Distribution Coordinator
[email protected]

Tori803

Tori
"Nothing in the world can take the place of persistence." -Calvin Coolidge

glennab

Hi Atlantis

I'm a bit late (that seems to be my bent these days), but I wanted to tell you how sorry I am about your fall and broken arm.  Also sad to learn that you've had difficult times with family.

I've had a monster 2012 as well, so here's hoping that we both have a much better 2013 (if the world's still intact after 12/21/12). I'm ready to be back on OPR's forum more regularly. I'm missing thrashing on my favorite impossible restorations, interacting with my pals and welcoming all of our wonderful newbies.  Wowser!

Bless
GK
What we do for ourselves dies with us. What we do for others and the world remains and is immortal. ~Albert Pine

(Photoshop CS5 /Mac Pro)

Atlantis

Thanks, anything I can do with only my right arm & pen/tablet works fine in short amounts of time. I change seats a lot during the day :D. Things like short cut keys, hold alt to define a clone area need me to stand up and carefully aim my left hand.
But I consider myself lucky I can walk around and have an increassing amount of stuff I can do, especially when I think it through first.
The only way to get better is to figure out what I did wrong.

lurch

Atlantis, you have empathy from me. I suffered a cerebellar stroke in 2000; since then my left hand has been essentially useless (shakes too much, especially when I'm concentrating on accomplishing something). Know exactly what you mean about thinking things through - that's how I manage to use alt and shift and other shortcuts with the 'bad' hand. Best of luck to you (that means no more falls!); wishing you a speedy recovery.
<C>

Jonas.Wendorf

Hi Marga,

sorry to hear that!
I hope you'll have a fast and good recovery without any complications  :hug:!
Best regards,
Jonas