• Welcome to Operation Photo Rescue's Online Community.

Trying to help

Started by Graphx, July 13, 2012, 12:48:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Graphx

I'm sorry to have to place this up on the board but for the last week I've posted on Photoshelter that I would like to help on several different photos. I'm not sure if I'm being blackballed or being over looked. But if you don't want my help please come out and tell me. I know I've returned photos in the past that were either over my head or because of my obligations I didn't have time to complete. So please get back to me so I will know not to waste my time trying to ask for photos
Larry

Mhayes

Hi Larry,

First off, why would you be sorry to post this to the board when that is where you should or else an email to the distributor of the gallery you are trying to access a photo?

PhotoShelter offers us the free use of their storage space, nothing more. If you were a paying customer on the professional site where photos are sold and viewed, your questions would be answered.

No, you are not being blackballed, but please do not jeopardize the free service that PhotoShelter provides us. Why are you contacting PhotoShelter and not the distributor of the gallery you want the photo?

QuoteI'm not sure if I'm being blackballed or being over looked. But if you don't want my help please come out and tell me. I know I've returned photos in the past that were either over my head or because of my obligations I didn't have time to complete. So please get back to me so I will know not to waste my time trying to ask for photos

You are wasting your time if you are corresponding with PhotoShelter instead of the distributor of the gallery you want a photo. Since you have done this before, I'm curious as to why you are not requesting a photo the regular way on the photo itself. PhotoShelter is not responsible for downloading a photo to you, nor has it ever been. That duty resides with the distributor. However, if you request a photo the wrong way---like making a comment in a lightbox, the distributor will never see it.

Here is a refresher of how to request a photo: http://www.operationphotorescue.org/assets/Navigating.pdf

Hope that helps.

Margie

Footnote: I have checked all of the photos in each of the galleries and you do not have a comment on any. That is why you have not had a photo downloaded to you.
"carpe diem"

Margie Hayes
OPR President
[email protected]

Graphx

I'm sorry but I have tried to do this in the traditional manner but have not heard back about them. They are still looking for someone to try and fix them. I'm not sure what I'm doing wrong or even if I'm doing wrong. The last time I had trouble with email and I'm not sure if I'm still having this problem. And no I have not contacted Photo Shelter besides to place on it that I would like to try and fix the photos in Light box.
Larry

Mhayes

Larry,

Never put a comment on the Lightbox side as that is a function that is used on the professional side of PhotoShelter and one that we state in our instructions to NOT use. If you do, the distributors will never see your comments. Here is another example of where to leave your comment: http://www.operationphotorescue.org/forum/index.php/topic,3227.0.html

Hope that helps.

Margie
"carpe diem"

Margie Hayes
OPR President
[email protected]

Graphx

I left comments on four photos that need to be done. I will wait to see if I'm sent a request to fix one of these four
Larry

Mhayes

Larry, what gallery and did you put 1st, 2nd choice, etc. so the distributor will know your preference? Also, please do no more than three.

Margie
"carpe diem"

Margie Hayes
OPR President
[email protected]

Mhayes

Larry, I see that you have made three requests, not four. Two are from Bambi's Gallery and one from Jonas. On the link for the instructions we request: Please only make your choices from 1 gallery at a time. 

By making your selection in multiple galleries, neither distributor is aware that you have a request in another gallery. Which Gallery do you wish to work from: Bambi or Jonas?

Margie
"carpe diem"

Margie Hayes
OPR President
[email protected]

Hannie

Larry, our volunteers return photos that are beyond their repairing skills all the time. 
We do not ever make these volunteers feel like they are unwelcome or "blackball" them as you put it.
The OPR team and all the volunteers on the forum are a friendly, helpful bunch that will bend over backwards to help out anyone with a question.

Like  Margie already explained, please pick from one gallery only and check with your distributor if you have not received your download email.

Hannie

Hannie Scheltema
Distribution Coordinator
[email protected]

Bambi

Hi, Larry:

My internet connection was down all day yesterday and I was on the road today. Usually I answer all requests within 24 hours. Sorry for the delay. I'm glad Margie sent you the picture you requested.

Bambi

Graphx

Sorry wasn't able to get on all weekend but I guess Jonas since the other ones were sent out
Larry

Mhayes

Larry, since you didn't respond I went into Bambi's Gallery and downloaded (July 14) one of the photos you requested  to your gallery and you should have an email stating the photo is in your gallery and the link. I received a copy of that invitation, so I know it did go out. I also know that you have not downloaded that image and am wondering why?

Margie
"carpe diem"

Margie Hayes
OPR President
[email protected]

Graphx

Sorry Marge,
Didn't see that it was available after I read your post Downloaded it will try to get it fixed shortly

Mhayes

Larry, you wouldn't see it was available in the Gallery if it was pulled and downloaded to you. That is where you need to check your email regularly to see if you have an invitation and link to that photo in your gallery.

Look forward to your restore.

Thanks,

Margie
"carpe diem"

Margie Hayes
OPR President
[email protected]