• Welcome to Operation Photo Rescue's Online Community.

Deleting photos posted on the forum

Started by philbach, June 20, 2012, 05:23:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

philbach

javascript:void(0); Since photos posted on this forum are linked to a primary source like photo bucket, I was wondering how long one should wait before the original can be deleted from the source.

I have several old photos that I have posted here that are linked from  photo bucket and I would like to clean house and organize my photo bucket albums. 
phil

Mhayes

Phil,

I don't think it is so much a time line as it is leaving a post intact. People go back into the forum and like to read former post. If you would like to organize your photos may I suggest you do that but reestablish the links in the post?

BTW I don't think you every answered all your well wishers on your birthday: http://www.operationphotorescue.org/forum/index.php/topic,3739.0.html

Margie
"carpe diem"

Margie Hayes
OPR President
[email protected]

Candice

Would that there was a way to post from here and not take up storage in our primary sources.  I'm trying to just place my work in flicker in a "Works in Progress" folder and then keep my final and original in my restoration folder.

^-^
Candice

Mhayes

Not that I know of and if we did it might mean that we would have to have more storage space. Since I joined in 2007 I have used PhotoBucket and I still have tons of space. I know it gets to be a lot of files, but I can't see anyway around it. On my hard drive I have a folder specifically for Photoshelter.

Margie
"carpe diem"

Margie Hayes
OPR President
[email protected]

philbach

phil