• Welcome to Operation Photo Rescue's Online Community.

Computer issues

Started by Jonas.Wendorf, June 27, 2012, 05:12:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jonas.Wendorf

Hi everybody,

I just wanted to apologize for my recent downtime. I had/have some issues with my computer that I'm trying to fix.
I've pretty much isolated the problem now (unfortunately it seems to be a hardware defect) and hope to have it fixed at the weekend.
Thanks for your patience!

Jonas
Best regards,
Jonas

Bambi

Few things in life more frustrating. Glad you're closing in on the solution.

Bambi

Tori803

Hope you're up and running soon!

Tori
Tori
"Nothing in the world can take the place of persistence." -Calvin Coolidge

Johnboy

Jonas,

Been there recently myself. Cost me a new machine, new printer and some new software. Hope you get out with less cost.

Johnboy

glennab

I'm about to have to turn my Intel MacPro over to my son for a week of rehab.  Need more ram, more disk space and just a general refresh.  I can't complain, because she's been a work horse for nearly 6 years, with very little difficulty.  But not having her here is going to be very, very traumatic.  Hubby's PC will work for getting on the internet, but I won't have Photoshop or any of the software that I normally use.  Withdrawal will be severe. No. 1 son promises I'll be very happy with more ram and much more disk space.  I don't doubt that!  However, there may be some thumb sucking, or I may have to resort to a binkie.

If worse comes to worst, I could drag out the ancient G3 and see if she still works.  That probably trumps a binkie.
What we do for ourselves dies with us. What we do for others and the world remains and is immortal. ~Albert Pine

(Photoshop CS5 /Mac Pro)

Jonas.Wendorf

Finally I got my PC back from repair and repaired what the repair had broken  :crazy:
That means I'm finally back :)
Thank you all for your patience and support  :hug:
Best regards,
Jonas

Pat

It's so good to have you back, you've been missed!

Pat
Pat

"Take a deep breath and think of the three things you are grateful for, right in this moment."  -MJ Ryan Author

Mhayes

Jonas, it's great to have you back! I think maybe you need a different repair man?

:hug:

Margie
"carpe diem"

Margie Hayes
OPR President
[email protected]

G3User

Welcome back

Hope you didn't do too much damage to your foot

Athol

Jonas.Wendorf

Margie, I'm guessing a different repair man would indeed be a good idea :)
Only problem is that my configuration is pretty special (e.g. I've encrypted most of my disks), so I'm not sure others would necessarily do a better job ;).

Thanks all, it's great to finally be back on board  :loveit:!
Best regards,
Jonas