• Welcome to Operation Photo Rescue's Online Community.

CS5 Bristle Brushes

Started by Marydh, April 11, 2012, 06:52:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Marydh

I'm feeling REALLY dumb.  Can anyone please tell me where the bristle brushes are in CS5?
I've gone to the Painting Workspace then to  Brush Presets but there are no bristle brushes, just normal brushes.
I was trying to do what Bambi suggested in "How 'bout that hair?" topic.
Thanks for any help.
Mary

Bambi

Window>Brushes. In the Brush Window, you will see the new Brush shapes in the menu, with all the controls below. You need to put your Brush (cursor) over the file to check the changes on the Angle slider.

Marydh

I have no new Brush shapes in the menu.
:D
Mary

Mhayes

Mary,

Are you saying if you go to the very top of PS CS5 menu pull downs and the next to the last is Window followed by Help, that you do not have "Brush" and "Brush Presets" as a selection? Is there a possibility that the panel has been condensed down?

Margie
"carpe diem"

Margie Hayes
OPR President
[email protected]

Marydh

Margie,
I have brush and presets.  It's just that there are no BRISTLE brushes, just regular brushes showing up.  It's a puzzle.
Mary

Mhayes

Mary,

I just realized that I didn't have a clue either and found the answer by searching on the Adobe TV:
http://tv.adobe.com/watch/learn-photoshop-cs5/working-with-the-new-bristle-brush-tips/  The trick is to click on the painting tab and the video will explain the rest.

Thanks for asking as I learned something new!

Margie
"carpe diem"

Margie Hayes
OPR President
[email protected]

Marydh

Margie and Bambi,
Yea!  I got it.  I actually had done all you suggested and I had even watched that video previously.
The problem was that I had done so much messing around with appending the brushes that I had to
reset to the default brushes and there they were!!!  Of course trying all this in the morning instead of later at night may have had something to do with it.
Thanks for your help.
Mary :)

Hannie

When I look at these new brushes in CS5 and all they can do (video) I feel like I'm missing out on some great fun.
Photoshop sure makes it look easy though but I'm not an artist so I shy away from painting as much as I can.  (of coarse they are great for fixing hair as well)

One of these days I am going to try out all the new brushes and the Mixer brush as well!

Hannie
Hannie Scheltema
Distribution Coordinator
[email protected]