• Welcome to Operation Photo Rescue's Online Community.

Sharing PSD Files using MSN's Sky Drive

Started by david_gr, March 31, 2012, 05:07:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

david_gr

Here is a link to a Photoshop document I put on my Sky Drive using my Hotmail account.  I have not been able to modify it and save the changes to the Sky Drive. However, I think it would be a great way to share Photoshop settings on various images, especially when you are looking for help.  This will take a while to load. On my computer it took about 4 minutes give or take.

https://snt101.mail.live.com/default.aspx#!https://skydrive.live.com/?cid=842ca514a5c935bf!cid=842CA514A5C935BF&id=842CA514A5C935BF!459

I think it would be a great way to collaborate on restorations.  I could start one. If I get stuck I could pass it off to someone else with all the PSD setting intact.

What do you think?

David Gr

david_gr

Never mind everybody.  It does not work like I thought it would.  The link will take you to my Hotmail account not to the file I wanted to share.  :mad:

Oh well, it would be great if we could share files on line. Maybe someone else will think of a way.

David Gr  :)

Hannie

Interesting Idea David!

I had to try Sky Drive, placed a psd file and asked for a link to share and edit.
Try and see if 1 of these links work:

Sky Drive link

https://skydrive.live.com/?cid=adce43b25490c826&id=ADCE43B25490C826%21337

I wonder if the download would be faster than the upload.

Hannie
Hannie Scheltema
Distribution Coordinator
[email protected]

Tess (Tassie D)

I get an error message saying the file has been deleted or moved Hannie?
Tess Cameron
Distribution Coordinator
[email protected]

Hannie

Tess, it seems that the PSD file is only accessable from my computer. 
A sharing link that doesn't want to share, great!   ::)

Hannie
Hannie Scheltema
Distribution Coordinator
[email protected]

david_gr

It seems to work with the share option using an email.

Hannie, I sent the link using the share in my hotmail account to your OPR email account.  See if you can open it.  It is about a 60 megabyte file so it may take a few minutes. 

It would be so great to see those levels adjustments you do in a PSD file format.

David Gr

Hannie

David, the link worked and yes, it took about 3 minutes to download.  It automatically opened in Photoshop. (59 Mb!)

I did a curve and a few other tweaks but now I'm not sure what to do next  to the file.  There seems to be no upload button in the email link that you sent.  I am uploading the file to my Sky Drive now and see if it can be shared from there.  It takes forever to upload, the file now measure 80 Mb!

Hannie

Hannie Scheltema
Distribution Coordinator
[email protected]

david_gr

Hannie,

Yeah! That's the bad part you can't upload the changes to my SkyDrive.

I guess that if you want me to see your changes. you have to upload the file to your SkyDrive then send me a link to your file on your SkyDrive.

The good part though is it provides a means to send someone a PSD file of something you are having a problem with.  And you have to admit the price is right.  I know one time that I could not email a large PSD file Margie when I wanted her input on a restoration.  :)

Mhayes

David, it looks like it would be easier to send a screen shot of your layers.

Margie
"carpe diem"

Margie Hayes
OPR President
[email protected]

Hannie

David, I did share the psd by email, I sent it again today.

I would not be in favour of using this method to share files, it takes too long to up- and download and then it is not even accessable for all volunteers to see.

Hannie
Hannie Scheltema
Distribution Coordinator
[email protected]