• Welcome to Operation Photo Rescue's Online Community.

Glenna's Latest Challenge

Started by glennab, October 10, 2006, 08:25:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

marylou

Great work, I'm sure that this family will be very happy when they receive it. You've put a lot of hard work into it and the final outcome is really, really nice. If I had to be picky, I would only say that the right man's shoulder is a bit to bright (compared to the original), but that's just me being picky. My compliments! :loveit:

glennab

Thanks for the comments Kenny and marylou

And Kenny, if it looks good, i have to say much of that is due to your feedback, instruction and inspiration.  You're my pal, for sure!

marylou: you're right, I hadn't noticed that that shoulder is a bit blown out.  I fix that tonite when I get home from work.

You're the best!

GG
What we do for ourselves dies with us. What we do for others and the world remains and is immortal. ~Albert Pine

(Photoshop CS5 /Mac Pro)

glennab

Hi Volunteers

I sent them on their way home last night.  Whoo Hoo!  Thanks again for all your help and encouragement!  I think I must have the best tutors in the world.

Best wishes to all of you!

GG
What we do for ourselves dies with us. What we do for others and the world remains and is immortal. ~Albert Pine

(Photoshop CS5 /Mac Pro)

Ausimax

Congratulations Glenna, you have had a long journey with this one, glad you have finally reached the point where you are happy to send it home, the last image posted looked really good, and once you fixed the shoulder it would be great.
Have to find yourself a slightly easier one for a spell, though of those that are left that could be problematic.

Max
Wisdom is having a well considered opinion .... and being smart enough to keep it to yourself!     MJS

"Life" is what happens while you are planning other things!

glennab

Max -- No such luck.  I still have my Army couple to figure out, and then I have a beautiful but very faded painting of a mother and daughter to tackle.  I think my experience with this last restoration will expedite the next ones.  All of you gave me so much great information, and I can apply all of it to future images.

Actually, I love the tough ones.  I get frustrated because I sometimes don't feel experienced enough to do the job, but I relish the challenge. I've always been the person at work who'll tackle the jobs with which no one else wants to grapple.  Too easy to get bored otherwise.  I have to keep those brain cells working.  Use it or lose it!  Since I'm about to turn 61, I want to keep up with the youngsters and acquire as much expertise as I can.  Hopefully it'll help keep me young –  in my mind, at least.

You certainly do a fine job of it, because I know you're my senior (thank you -- sometimes I feel like the oldest person in the world!)  My friends and co-workers, who are all younger than me, constantly remind me that I'm older than dirt!  Quote: No matter how old I am, you'll always be older than me. Unquote.  Ha ha ha.  Punks!)

Have a most wonderful weekend.

Your pal GG

(Photoshop CS5 /Mac Pro)

klassylady25

Well old lady, you finally finished.  I've been lerking about and watching the progress and frustrations.  You can sleep one night knowing that the family will cherish your work.... NOW get to work on the soldier.  I want to lerk a bit more!   :halo:

Hugz
Candice

glennab

Okay, Candy, get ready to lerk!  I've decided that part of what I did on the Army couple doesn't look as bad as I'd first thought, and I'm going to get started on them this weekend. Hopefully I'll be able to post progress soon.

Glad to hear from you.  I've been wondering where everyone's been.  Forum has been quiet for a few days.

Here's learing at you!

Hugz back

GG

(Photoshop CS5 /Mac Pro)

Kenny

These last few are really testing our metal, aren't they?  :D

Kenny :)

But why is the rum gone?

glennab

Kenny

Amen to that!  Maybe we'll get some easier ones in the next batch.  I'd love to crash through a few just to feel as if I've accomplished more.  These difficults take FOREVER!

G'night!

GG

(Photoshop CS5 /Mac Pro)

klassylady25

Ooo Lurking!!  I like that.  The soldier picture was well on it's way when I saw it last.  It was good to get away from it for a while.  Now you'll be refreshed. 

I've requested the gal in the cap and gown, you know the one in white and aqua but haven't heard back yet. 

Hope you had a wonderful weekend!   I watched this little guy this weekend and it's been grand.  He's my firstborns  firstborn.  Ha ha, say that fast three times!!

glennab

O'mgosh!  If that isn't the most adorable little guy.  You must love him to pieces.  I love the costume -- especially the "feet."  What's that saying –"if I'd known grandchildren would be so much fun, I'd have had them FIRST!"

I'm taking Thanksgiving week off to spend time with my grandbabies.  I'm so looking forward to that!  My work schedule, their parents' loaded lives and their school work, soccer and tai qwan do make it difficult to see much of them.  We had so much fun last year that my husband is also taking that week off to be part of the activities -- doesn't want to be left out this year.  Our kids get a break and don't have to worry about who'll take care of the little ones while they're at work. PLUS I have plenty of time to make a big dinner for Thanksgiving.  I have traditional dishes that I make every year and the requests are already coming in.

And I promised two of the older ones (15 and 12) that we'd make a kitty litter cake. (That's a whole story in itself!)

I always have to go back to work to rest up, but it's worth being with the youn'uns!

GG

(Photoshop CS5 /Mac Pro)

klassylady25

When the holiday is over you'll have to explain that "Kitty Litter Cake"  LOL  Sound like fun!  I wish you all a grand time.  Good decision on dads part  :wnw:  time passes so fast doesn't it! 

Back to lurking!   :cool:

glennab

Candy, I'll have to send you the recipe for the kitty litter cake.  It actually looks real.  I spent most of a night after work making one for a cat-freak friends' birthday, and we had so much fun with it!  It was served in a new lined litter pan, with a litter scoop (we put the pan on newspaper for effect.)  Tootsie Rolls play an important part of the realistic look, especially draped over the side of the box (use your imagination. At midnight I was softening Tootsie Rolls in the microwave and shaping them, laughing at the absurdity of it all).  One of the most wonderful moments of my life was watching Mo's face when she saw her cake!  It was so realistic that I couldn't get anyone to eat it.  I'll try to find a photo and post it.  The other friend who was celebrating with us took photos, sprayed litter scoops with gold paint and glitter and used them as "frames" for Mo and me to memorialize the occasion..  (needless to say I have some loony friends!)

GG

(Photoshop CS5 /Mac Pro)

Kenny

:funny: :funny: :funny: :funny: :funny: :funny:

Ok, that's out of the way! My wife is the resident "cake lady" in our little town. She loves to cook and bake. I'll have to tell her about this one!

Kenny :)

But why is the rum gone?

glennab

Ok Guys

It's probably not appropriate to post a recipe in this forum, but any of you who want the kitty litter cake recipe, e-mail me at [email protected] and I'll be glad to sent it to you. There's nothing untoward in it -- all dessert recipe-type ingredients.  I warn you, though, it's so realistic that almost no one will eat it.  And I've had several people tell me they'll never eat another Tootsie Roll!

GG

It just occurred to me that if I can find a photo of the cake, you'll probably all want to "restore" it to look like something edible!

(Photoshop CS5 /Mac Pro)