• Welcome to Operation Photo Rescue's Online Community.

Comments? Please.

Started by Bambi, August 19, 2011, 07:01:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bambi

I hadn't looked back at the blue channel in the second picture in awhile and I should go back to that again to check the detail. When this is one done, I can probably restore that one fairly easily.

I'm really glad that you mentioned that, Margie. There is no such thing as "late in this game" (we have no deadlines) and the house is not built until it's right. Those people might look just fine, but disappoint the family because they don't look right. No matter what the OPR original looks like, the picture we send home has to look the the family's original did before the disaster. And it's all about the faces.

Two good lessons here: Refer to the original detail frequently—and finally. Have the knowledge, courage and grace to help someone—no matter what.

Bambi

OK. Better face for the man in the brown sweater. Canister lights in the ceiling. No blur on the background. What do you think?

Bambi

Judy

Bambi,

I think it is really looking good and it looks to me that the chin on the guy in the brown sweater is so much better!

Judy

glennab

Bambi, a quick trick to get rid of the "cut out" look if you have your people on a separate layer is to select the layer, go under Layer - all the way to the bottom to Matting.  Click on Defringe, and you'll get a dialogue box that lets you enter a value.  Usually 1 px works, and the edge blends very well. Haven't used that one in a while and almost forgot it.  You can increase the value if you need to, but I don't think you will.

Cheers!

GK

Great job on this one!
What we do for ourselves dies with us. What we do for others and the world remains and is immortal. ~Albert Pine

(Photoshop CS5 /Mac Pro)

Mhayes

GK, thanks for posting that neat tip as I had forgotten all about until now. When I have used it in the past, it works great!

Margie
"carpe diem"

Margie Hayes
OPR President
[email protected]

Hannie

GK, I never used Defringe, can't wait to try it out!

Thanks,

Hannie
Hannie Scheltema
Distribution Coordinator
[email protected]

Bambi

[slap forehead] How could I have forgotten Defringe? Thanks, GK.

Bambi

Tori803

Thanks for the Defringe reminder - I'd forgotten it.

Tori
Tori
"Nothing in the world can take the place of persistence." -Calvin Coolidge