• Welcome to Operation Photo Rescue's Online Community.

New Facebook page

Started by Tess (Tassie D), June 21, 2011, 02:54:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tess (Tassie D)

Hi everyone. Due to changes on Facebook groups we have a new fan page now. https://www.facebook.com/pages/Operation-Photo-Rescue/235419553139552
Everyone is more than welcome to drop in, 'like' us and upload photos to the gallery.
Tess Cameron
Distribution Coordinator
[email protected]

Hannie

Great news, hope we will get lots of followers!

Hannie
Hannie Scheltema
Distribution Coordinator
[email protected]

Tori803

Tori
"Nothing in the world can take the place of persistence." -Calvin Coolidge

PatW

Since there wasn't an "adore" button, I could only click "like".   :)

Mhayes

Pat, we are working on that button.  ;)

Margie
"carpe diem"

Margie Hayes
OPR President
[email protected]

Tess (Tassie D)

I've made a folder there for anyone to upload their most satisfying restore. It doesn't have to be an OPR one but if it is please remember to take all personal info off the photos. I named the one I uploaded 'catscratches' lol.
Tess Cameron
Distribution Coordinator
[email protected]

glennab

Tess, I'm so glad you set up an OPR page.  I just had Stephen Burns, the president of the San Diego Photoshop Users' Group, ask me to post some of my befores-and-afters on their group page.  Instead I linked references to my album.  Now I can refer him to our wall, where he and his members can see other people's masterpieces.

I thought it interesting that he suggested we do an exhibit in New Orleans of the restorations that came out of Katrina.  I don't know what our parameters and constraints might be, but especially for Katrina I think it would be so meaningful.  Any ideas?  Margie? Eventually there might be an opportunity to do an exhibition for Joplin, as I suspect we'll have a huge run there.

I hope our members will add their work to the Facebook wall.  People really do look at the photos.  I have a lot of comments on the ones I've posted on my wall.  And it allows people outside our field to see what actually can be done.  Between the Griffin and Joplin runs and people's response to what we do, I become more and more proud of OPR.

Cheers!

GK
What we do for ourselves dies with us. What we do for others and the world remains and is immortal. ~Albert Pine

(Photoshop CS5 /Mac Pro)

Tess (Tassie D)

Glenna I can't take credit for setting up the page.

Dave set it up for us as the group page is scheduled to be archived and changed around. We all thought a fan page better suited our needs now and allows anyone to like rather than having to join.

I look forward to seeing other photos posted in the restore album. Mine is getting lonely.  :'(
Tess Cameron
Distribution Coordinator
[email protected]

Mhayes

Hi GK,

What an interesting idea about having an exhibit in New Orleans of the restoration that came out of Katrina. I would be all for it!

Margie
"carpe diem"

Margie Hayes
OPR President
[email protected]