• Welcome to Operation Photo Rescue's Online Community.

Blue Screen of Death

Started by Hannie, June 18, 2011, 09:53:12 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hannie

Hi Everyone,

My computer crashes irregularly lately and I will have to do some testing to see if it is the memory.
I can't get into the BIOS to change the booting order to do the test so now I have to borrow a PS2 keyboard to be able to get to the BIOS set up.
I will have run the memory test all day so I may be a little later than usual answering my email etc.

Have patience because... I'll be back! 

Hannie Scheltema
Distribution Coordinator
[email protected]

philbach

Well good luck, Hannie.  That stuff can be a tad frustrating.
phil

Hannie

Thanks Phil!  I ran the memtest all night and unfortunately there is nothing wrong in the memory department.  Now comes the hard part!  I will have to take out most of the hardware and place it back 1 at the time while waiting for another possible BSOD.  That is such a pain because the BSOD only shows very irregularly so it will take me weeks to figure out.

Hannie
Hannie Scheltema
Distribution Coordinator
[email protected]

Tess (Tassie D)

Hannie did the event viewer give any indication of where the error occurred? It might save you a heap of messing around if you can narrow it down.
Tess Cameron
Distribution Coordinator
[email protected]

Hannie

Tess, it says IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL and then a bunch of numbers and brackets.
It is usually hardware or driver related and the solutions that Micro$oft gives are not very elegant.  (reinstall OS etc.)

Today I uninstalled my Wacom tablet, it has been acting weird over time.  Perhaps there is a conflict there.  I will leave it out till the next BSOD and then I will know it wasn't the tablet.

Hannie
Hannie Scheltema
Distribution Coordinator
[email protected]

Hannie

Please everyone, have patience when you email me.  I'm having lots of BSOD problems and will take longer to answer.   It is a good idea to ask any questions you have relating restores, downloads etc. on the OPR forum.  You will get an answer there much sooner.

I will check my gallery requests less regularly but at least once a day!

Thanks and wish me luck!

Hannie

Hannie Scheltema
Distribution Coordinator
[email protected]

kiska

kiska
Photoshop 2021, MacPro

david_gr

I can relate. 

My computer is giving me problems forwarding emails with embeded JPGs. I think it's a matter of Microsoft strikes again!

Good luck.  I know it's kind of upsetting when your computer is giving you problems.

David Gr

Hannie

I'm back!

Thanks also to Tess who put me on the right track, I seem to be out of the woods now and back to work. 
I will spare you the boring details and go right back to reading/answering lots of emails and posts!

David, good luck with your email problem.  What program and OS do you use?

Hannie

PS
Would you believe now hubby's laptop is having blue screens crashes, I think out place is haunted... >:D
Hannie Scheltema
Distribution Coordinator
[email protected]