• Welcome to Operation Photo Rescue's Online Community.

234 New Volunteers

Started by Tori803, June 09, 2011, 11:01:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tori803

I thought everyone would be interested in knowing that we've have 234 new volunteers sign up with OPR since the first of May! They come from Poland, Canada, Wales, Iceland, Antiqua, Romania, England, Japan, Australia, Italy, Sweden, Mexico, Germany, Ireland, South Africa, Belgium, Argentina, the Netherlands, and of course, the majority from the USA.

Many have expressed their interest in helping people who are victims of natural disasters like the outbreak of severe tornadoes in the US. Like those of us who have been with OPR for a few years, their hearts go out to those who have lost so much.

I just wanted to say 'Welcome!', and to those of you who haven't introduced yourselves yet on the Forum, please say 'Hello.' We'd like to get to know you better, and are happy to offer suggestions if you run into some challenges with your first restorations.

Tori
Tori
"Nothing in the world can take the place of persistence." -Calvin Coolidge

Pat

Tori that's spectacular and what a wonderful global representation!

I would also like to second Tori's warm welcome to all of you new volunteers and thank you for your generous gift of time and talent to the OPR cause.

Although your participation in the Forum is optional please consider doing so.  You will find it a wonderful and friendly learning environment in addition to a fun way to interact with your fellow volunteers.
Pat

"Take a deep breath and think of the three things you are grateful for, right in this moment."  -MJ Ryan Author

Mhayes

Tori, thanks for posting the numbers as they are impressive and as Pat said: ". . . what a wonderful global representation!" It is amazing to hear how each of the new volunteers came about joining and where they heard about OPR.

In the coming weeks I will be getting a newsletter out to all of you and those who mentioned not getting one; I checked and you were on the list. On the next one, be sure to check your junk folder to make sure it didn't end up there.

David is gearing up to send out press releases for his group's run in Griffin, GA and in Joplin, MO there has also been TV, newspaper, and others postings about our upcoming copy run. Victoria Johnson, an OPR member and her husband Randy (also volunteer), deserve a huge round of applause for the coverage we are getting. Victoria linked to a site that post photos found to our site. The Joplin Globe listed OPR coming in September and that is not a firm date. We hope maybe September or October. Another misquote is about the Nashville run happening this spring rather than September of 2010.

http://www.joplinglobe.com/local/x2051366642/Sites-set-up-to-link-tornado-victims-with-lost-photos
http://www.joplinglobe.com/local/x2051366642/Sites-set-up-to-link-tornado-victims-with-lost-photos

A warm welcome all of you that have recently joined and hope to hear from you on the forum.  I would also like to say thanks to the rest of our volunteers who have made OPR what it is today! What you have accomplished over the years is really amazing!

Margie
"carpe diem"

Margie Hayes
OPR President
[email protected]