• Welcome to Operation Photo Rescue's Online Community.

Downloading & uploading to Photoshelter.

Started by Tess (Tassie D), February 19, 2011, 05:31:25 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tess (Tassie D)

When you receive your email invite to download a photo from Photoshelter simply click on the link in the email. This will take you to Photoshelter to log in.
Once you have logged in you should see your account page which looks like this.

Click on your name as indicated by the arrow. Your gallery will then open up. When you see the photo you have chosen, the last one if you have many in there just double click it so it opens on a page by itself. Above the photo you will see download. Click it and save to your computer.
After recent changes at Photoshelter you will see different choices for your download.

» Original file (2400x3000)
» JPEG - medium (1200 pixels)
» JPEG - small (600 pixels)

You will always want to pick "Original file," otherwise your photo will be at the wrong resolution.

When you have finished the photo and want to upload it, there are 2 choices.
Either go through this link http://www.photoshelter.com/usr/img-upload-org and log in to see the Upload to Photoshelter screen.

Follow the pointers on the next picture and click upload down the bottom of the page. You photo will then be uploaded to our archives.

Your second choice is to use the Photoshelter uploader as described HERE
Tess Cameron
Distribution Coordinator
[email protected]

G3User

Good stuff Tess

An alternative to upload is to use the Photoshelter Uploader, a Google search will find it. I like it because it stays the same, Photoshelter change their layout every so often which can confuse things. It does not require you to be logged in to OPR and from there to Photoshelter to transfer your repair.

I have a shortcut to it on my desktop, first time you need to enter your Photoshelter user name and password, tick to remember it and auto log in

From then on you will be logged on automatically each time it opens. Use the left hand window to select the image/s to upload.

Hit Transfer and you will have the option to insert the distributor's name. OK will start the transfer, you can log out when the transfer log says the transfer is complete.

Cheers

Athol

jesterjeni

It makes me just want to say Duh!!
thank you!!

Pat

Pat

"Take a deep breath and think of the three things you are grateful for, right in this moment."  -MJ Ryan Author

jaytrumpet

I should preface this post with the explanation that I am a total newbe here. I have yet to do any photo restoration for the site but am itching to do it. I have looked around on the forum for answers to my concerns but have not been able to find out anything for sure.

I am confused about downloading images to work on. Yesterday (approximately 24 hours ago) I went to the photoshelter site, logged in and requested (left comments) for two images. I have not heard from OPR as of yet and I don't know if I will be emailed a download link, if those photos are already "taken", or when (or if) I will be notified.

How long does this process take? Will I be notified if the photos are already "taken"? Have I failed to do something in the process?

Please be gentle and patient with me, it's my first time!

Jay

Mhayes

Hi Jay,

You did everything right and I do see your request in Jonas' Gallery. Jonas is in Germany so not sure the time zone right now.  Jonas just got his computer out of the repair shop so it maybe a case he couldn't get online.

Normally within 24 hours you should get an email with a link to your gallery with one of the photos you have requested. You will use the link to your gallery and then download to your computer.

No problems on your end and will try to get the photo you requested as soon as possible.

Thanks,

Margie
"carpe diem"

Margie Hayes
OPR President
[email protected]

Mhayes

Hi Jay,

You now have a gallery in PhotoShelter and you should be receiving an invite shortly by email. Please don't hesitate to ask questions and there is help in the Techniques Handbook on your left hand column of the Forum if you are logged in and I see you have already looked in the "Downloading & Uploading" section of the forum. Sorry for the delay.

Have fun!

Margie
"carpe diem"

Margie Hayes
OPR President
[email protected]

jaytrumpet

bitesize

Hi

First time loader lol, so am a bit confused.

When uploading to the site what do we put in for the brief description?  Also, using the PhotoShelter Uploader, how does it know to load to OPR?

Oh and do we leave the Photographer blank?  I keep forgetting what to ask lol, what if you forgot which album the photo came from?
Thanks!

Tori803

When you click on the link to Photoshelter at the left side here, you will be asked for your log in info. After logging in you will go to the "Upload to PhotoSheltr MU" page where you can select the organization (OPR). Don't put anything in "Photographer." In "Brief Description" put the name of the distributor you got the photo from.
Tori
"Nothing in the world can take the place of persistence." -Calvin Coolidge

bitesize

Quote from: Tori803 on December 07, 2012, 03:42:55 PM
When you click on the link to Photoshelter at the left side here, you will be asked for your log in info. After logging in you will go to the "Upload to PhotoSheltr MU" page where you can select the organization (OPR). Don't put anything in "Photographer." In "Brief Description" put the name of the distributor you got the photo from.

Ok got it  :up:.  The distributor, will they be the one that sends the invite e.g. Tess?  Sorry for the questions but I really don't want to mess up  :).

Tori803

Right - the distributor sends you the invite. I sometimes forget who that was, so I always save the invite email. ;)
Tori
"Nothing in the world can take the place of persistence." -Calvin Coolidge

bitesize

Quote from: Tori803 on December 07, 2012, 04:42:30 PM
Right - the distributor sends you the invite. I sometimes forget who that was, so I always save the invite email. ;)

Great!  Thanks for your help  :funny:.

Hannie

Hannie Scheltema
Distribution Coordinator
[email protected]

dle

Here's another newbie question.

Once I complete a photo restoration and have uploaded it (I used the PhotoShelter Uploader), what happens next? In particular, is there a way to tell if/when the Distributor receives it? Is there a way to tell if/when the restoration becomes considered "completed"?

Thanks for the help,

David
Dave

In theory, there is no difference between theory and practice. But, in practice, there is.
-- Jan L. A. van de Snepscheut (1953–1994)