• Welcome to Operation Photo Rescue's Online Community.

Do you contantly zoom in and out to look at your work?

Started by cmpentecost, September 08, 2006, 07:31:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

cmpentecost

There was a great tip in the latest Photoshop User magazine that saves me from constantly zooming in and out to look at my work.

In Photoshop, open the picture you are working on.  Then, go to Window > Arrange > New Window for (file name).  This will open the same photo.  You can zoom in on one photo and work, and look at the other photo to see what you've just done.  As soon as you release the mouse/pen, you'll see what you've done in the zoomed out mode.  This has been really helpful to me, especially in the finer details of the photos.  This is based on the Windows version, not sure if it's the same for Mac.

Christine

Kenny

Oooh. I'll have to try that one! Sounds like a real timesaver. Thanks, Christine!  :up:

Kenny

But why is the rum gone?

glennab

Great tip, Christine.

I also read about it in Photoshop User, but I didn't get so far as to relate it to what we're doing here.  I think it would be a tremendous time-saver.  Gonna try it tomorrow.  Thanks!

GG
What we do for ourselves dies with us. What we do for others and the world remains and is immortal. ~Albert Pine

(Photoshop CS5 /Mac Pro)

havril

Excellent tip I used to use an onscreen magnifying glass but it got in the way a bit. This is much better

Thanx
Harvey

Kenny

I tried it and I like it. It'll come in handy for lots of things.

Thanks again for the tip!

Kenny

But why is the rum gone?

glennab

Hi Christine

Gotta tell you that your tip has saved me so much time (and I'm working on a Mac, so it does work on both platforms)!  Love those short-cuts!  Thanks!

GG
What we do for ourselves dies with us. What we do for others and the world remains and is immortal. ~Albert Pine

(Photoshop CS5 /Mac Pro)