• Welcome to Operation Photo Rescue's Online Community.

Anybody got a head?

Started by lurch, June 20, 2010, 08:17:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

lurch

I've been working on another Poohl photo, and need some guidance. Here's the original:

and here's the luminosity layer I've been doing the restoration work on:

Here's the question. Does anyone else have a Poohl photo with a head that can be used for the boy, even just as a model for head shape, etc.? Something transplantable would be great, but I know better than to wish for that. Jonas, is the subject of your ghostbusters photo a Poohl kid? Oops, just checked and learned that ghostbuster boy is a Peet photo. Is the headless boy in my photo a Poohl kid?

Secondary question, about the floating face in the background. It is there in the original, but should it go away anyway?
<C>

Tess (Tassie D)

Unfortunately there are only 2 photos of the headless boy and his face is gone in both photos. :( My only suggestion would be to make a very vague outline of a face?
Someone else may have a better idea for it?

Yes I'd get rid of the floating face in the background.
Tess Cameron
Distribution Coordinator
[email protected]

Hannie

Lurch, could it be that the boy is wearing a hood?  That would make it easier than trying to invent a new head shape?

The face in the background does stand out a bit but you captured it very well!

Hannie
Hannie Scheltema
Distribution Coordinator
[email protected]

Marydh

Hannie,
Do they make some kind of an "evil eye"  computer  in Amsterdam that let's you see things that no one else can? A hood?  Great call....again.
You are really incredible.
Mary

kiska

QuoteYou are really incredible.

Mary, tone down the compliments PLEASE!!!! Hannie is hard enough to contain as it is.  :funny:
kiska
Photoshop 2021, MacPro

Hannie

Quote from: kiska on June 21, 2010, 11:24:06 AM
Mary, tone down the compliments PLEASE!!!! Hannie is hard enough to contain as it is.  :funny:

Hard to contain?  Moi?   :halo:
Hannie Scheltema
Distribution Coordinator
[email protected]

lurch

QuoteHard to contain?  Moi?   Halo

Hannie? Hard to contain? Nah, no way - except when she's down in her dungeon running the muck machine . . . (and we all know you have one, Hannie.)

And once more the eye of Hannie does it! A hood will be much much easier to reconstruct than a bare head. The floating face is gone now, btw. The picture looks better for its absence, Tess.
<C>

Marydh

Oops sorry.  Newbie booboo.  :)
Mary

lurch

I think it's done. Shouldn't say that, because you all have suggested significant improvements when I got to that stage before. Headless boy now has a head, which was a hard job for me, not being the least artistic. Hope he's generic enough. I actually found it harder to use Hannie's hood idea. Anyway, have at it. All critique is welcome.

<C>