• Welcome to Operation Photo Rescue's Online Community.

Spike Lee's 'Requiem' for New Orleans on tonight on HBO

Started by John, August 21, 2006, 10:25:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

John

For those of you who get HBO, there's a pretty powerful piece on tonight (and tomorrow I think) by Spike Lee about the New Orleans situation...  in case anyone needed a little bit of an energy boost.

Veronica

And to think I just cancelled HBO because they never have anything good on!  Darn.  :(

I would have loved to watch that.

arkol

Folks: I highly recommend that you watch the HBO Spike Lee special on Katrina. It was really motivating to me as a reminder of who the people are that we are helping. I got right on my computer and logged in more hours than I have in a while. It made me re- appreciate  the family connections that people have lost. These folks have lost the ability to pass down a family history to future generations that they may never meet. Restoring these heirlooms is more valuable than a FEMA trailer!!!! We are helping these victims to  keep their family history's alive. You all should be very proud and keep up all of your great efforts!!!!
Carol

glennab

I don't watch much TV, so I don't have HBO.  Does anyone know if there's any other access to this program?  I'd love to see it.

GG
What we do for ourselves dies with us. What we do for others and the world remains and is immortal. ~Albert Pine

(Photoshop CS5 /Mac Pro)

Ptollemy

I'd also be interested to see it, but we don't get HBO Down Under ;D

John

This was a very powerful documentary and I went into it expecting to be uplifted but walked away completely enraged :mad: by the way things played out with the government response.  I've never seen such a series of failures piled on top of one another.  But I don't want to get political...   

But I shouldn't say it wasn't inspiring; it certainly put a new perspective on the issue for me and made me appreciate how lucky I am to have the things that I do in life. 

But catch it if you can, it's going to be available via HBO on demand, I believe.  And it'll probaby pop up in part on YouTube or something, I'm sure.

and on a similar note, if you want to see another powerful movie, I saw World Trade Center last weekend and again walked away feeling like I had to do something to make the world a better place.

Both movies are good reminders about how important it is to always do the right thing.

cmpentecost

Another good movie is "An Inconvenient Truth", about global warming.  The movie touches upon the destruction of Hurricane Katrina. 

Christine