• Welcome to Operation Photo Rescue's Online Community.

AAMI Status

Started by Mhayes, March 25, 2010, 10:06:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mhayes

Hi Everyone,

I know everyone is getting spring fever except those down under, but now is still the chance to get the last few photos for the African American Museum of Iowa (AAMI). There are about a dozen photos still left in my gallery of the close to 100 originally. I spoke to Katharine Hardy, curator, yesterday and told her that after we got a selected 20 photos that were done, checked by Quality Control, they would be getting their first printed order from DigMyPics. After the 1st 20, the museum would be picking up the printing cost, which the AAMI is very happy with the arrangement.

When we first approached the AAMI to help, there was a slight hesitation that I learned later was due to the fact that they had been approached by others before to help, but it was the intention of making a nice profit off them. We offered our help free, but because we had to set a limit on the number of free prints that DigMyPics could do, the remainder would charged through DigMyPics. The AAMI was delighted with this set up as otherwise these prints would have been lost.

Even though the first 20 prints are not ready yet; I sent a preview of the work you guys have done. Tom Moore, the director, replied: "The pics look great!" At the bottom of his email is their mission statement: Preserving Our Past To Enlighten Our Future." You all deserve a round of applause!

Margie
"carpe diem"

Margie Hayes
OPR President
[email protected]