• Welcome to Operation Photo Rescue's Online Community.

Uploading Restorations

Started by beckysell, August 21, 2006, 08:40:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

beckysell

• When uploading, go again to www.photoshelter.com/c/opr  and Login.
Click on My Photoshelter
Click on Upload to Org
Select Operation Photo Rescue as your organization
Label is as whatever you like, though I've found putting Becky or Mike depending on who gave it to you somewhere has helped me spot it quickly. 
Upload and you're away!  If you have any questions about it making it, let me know.  I generally keep a list of uploads and e-mail every week or so letting you know you've been successful, but if you're unsure, drop me a line and I'll let you know sooner.

cmpentecost

Is there a preferred format when uploading the files, such as JPEG or PSD, or does it matter?

Thanks.

Christine

beckysell

I personally send the photos to the printer as a jpeg, but also open the file to check the size, color, levels, etc., so whatever file type it is sent to me as is converted.  Do whatever works best for you.  Thanks!

videosean

QuoteYou are not a member of any Organizations
In order to upload images to an organization, you must be designated as an editor or uploader

Can someone help me out with this?
i have an unhealthy internet obsession & hide behind multiple layers of ironic humor and sarcasm...

RosyBijou

Hope this helps...

1.   Log in from this site:  http://www.photoshelter.com/c/opr
2.   Click on "My PhotoShelter"  (ignore the dropdown menu)
3.   The second tab is "My Archive"—navigate down to bottom; "upload to org"
4.   In the "Brief Description" box, note who's gallery you got your image from, attach your file & upload away!
5.   Good luck!

:)
Kerry
(aka RosyBijou)

RosyBijou

Oh,  one more thing...
You have to choose Operation Photo Rescue in the light green bar titled "Select Organization for this upload."  It should be available in the drop-down box...
Kerry
(aka RosyBijou)

cmpentecost

Thanks Kerry,

This has been a frequent question in my emails, and I appreciate you spelling out the specifics.  This will help a lot of people!

Christine

videosean

I appreciate the help... but maybe I'm still missing something here?  Light green bar?  I went in from the c/opr page too.
i have an unhealthy internet obsession & hide behind multiple layers of ironic humor and sarcasm...

Ausimax

Hi,

Have you downloaded and installed the PhotoShelter Uploader?

Max
Wisdom is having a well considered opinion .... and being smart enough to keep it to yourself!     MJS

"Life" is what happens while you are planning other things!

videosean

yes... I will poke around in that... the thing is really slow for me when it come to browsing my local files though.

K... I hit the switch button in the uploader application and the only choice I have is "My Archive".  That's what I should be looking for right?  To switch where I'm uploading to.

Kenny

Oops...I said I'd try to make a tutorial about this.   :-[   I'll try to get one made and uploaded.

Kenny

But why is the rum gone?

Ausimax

Sean,

You should have 2 choices "My Archive" and another one to upload to OPR " Sean's Folder" or some thing like that.

Now I may not be a lot of help here, I downloaded the new version of the uploader some time ago, and couldn't find a way to upload with it and went back to the old version - It in the left pane has a "Your Computer" button, click on that and you have the same drive/Folder heirachy as you use on the computer.

If you only have "My Archive" that should be for your personal PhotoShelter account, you can upload to it and then go to PhotoShelter and transfer the image to OPR from there.

Hope that helps.

Max

Now I know why I left Firefox before--- the spell checker doesn't work >:(
Wisdom is having a well considered opinion .... and being smart enough to keep it to yourself!     MJS

"Life" is what happens while you are planning other things!

videosean

k... it's not like I don't get what y'all are saying... but what seems to be is that I simply don't have permission to do what I need to do.

Now when I click on what's highlighted there, I get an alert popup.  It says:
QuoteAlert
You are not listed as an Editor or Contributor to any organizations.
So... I appreciate all the input... but  :(
The photoshelter site does take some getting used to but I can figure out all kinds of things... except how to make myself part of the group I need to upload to.  Did I sign up at photoshelter wrong in the first place maybe?

kiska

kiska
Photoshop 2021, MacPro

cmpentecost

Sean,

Do you see where it says, across the top, "My Account".  Click on that.  Then, again, across the top, you should see an "Upload to Photoshelter MU".  Click on that.  From there, in the green box, click on OPR as Organization, leave photographer blank, in the brief description, put the person's name whose gallery you got the photo from, which in your situation, you'd put "Christine", then click on the browse button to find your finished photo, then click "Upload Images", which takes several minutes.  If you cannot get to these areas in Photoshop, then there is a glitch somewhere and Dave will have to look into it.  Please let me know if this works!

Thanks.

Christine