• Welcome to Operation Photo Rescue's Online Community.

A Mini-Obit

Started by glennab, October 19, 2009, 03:07:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

glennab

Sadly, I'm down to only 10 cats now.  My beloved little feral Aurora died last Friday of unknown causes.  I found her on the floor, getting cold but still breathing.  Sniffles and I held her until she was ready to leave us.  Feral cats aren't cuddly critters, to say the least.  I got to hold Rory once: as she was dying.  But I loved that little survivor, and I'll miss her.

The irony is that Aurora's mother, Sara, was the cat that survived antifreeze poisoning 10 years ago.  The vet said she only had a couple of years at most.  Now she's outlived both of her babies.  Obviously Rory got her incredible spirit from her mom!  You can't help but adore them.

Your babies miss you, little girl (I still have her 5 sons, heaven help me!).

GK
What we do for ourselves dies with us. What we do for others and the world remains and is immortal. ~Albert Pine

(Photoshop CS5 /Mac Pro)

Hannie

Glenna, I'm so sorry to hear that Aurora has passed away.  It is good that you found her in time to give her some comfort.

Hannie
Hannie Scheltema
Distribution Coordinator
[email protected]

Tori803

Sorry to hear about your little cat. I know you'll miss her. At least she was able to enjoy many years of safety and security.
Tori
"Nothing in the world can take the place of persistence." -Calvin Coolidge

Mhayes

Glenna, so sorry to hear about Aurora.

Margie
"carpe diem"

Margie Hayes
OPR President
[email protected]

Ausimax

Sorry to hear about Aurora, Glenna. I know how much it hurts when you loose them. :'(

Max
Wisdom is having a well considered opinion .... and being smart enough to keep it to yourself!     MJS

"Life" is what happens while you are planning other things!

glennab

Thanks, all, for your words of comfort.  Since I know you're animal lovers and a number of you have lost beloved companions since we became OPR-sters, your sentiments and caring are even more important to me.

Many hugs!

GK
What we do for ourselves dies with us. What we do for others and the world remains and is immortal. ~Albert Pine

(Photoshop CS5 /Mac Pro)