• Welcome to Operation Photo Rescue's Online Community.

:D Another fellow newbie here!

Started by PChoudhury, September 15, 2009, 12:27:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

PChoudhury

Heya everyone! My name is Prianka! I just joined OPR and I'm hoping that this will be a fun and exciting experience!! ;D

Mhayes

Welcome Prianka from Kansas!  I think you will enjoy your stay here and meet some wonderful people, and yes we have fun and moments of excitement here. ::)

Margie
"carpe diem"

Margie Hayes
OPR President
[email protected]

Tess (Tassie D)

Welcome to the nuthouse...um forum. I'm sure you'll have a great time and be wondering 'what was I thinking?' in no time.  ;D
Tess Cameron
Distribution Coordinator
[email protected]

Hannie

Hi Prianka, welcome to the forum!

Hannie
Hannie Scheltema
Distribution Coordinator
[email protected]

danielmeadows

Hi Prianka, I just joined myself  :hug:
~Daniel Meadows
- Retouching Website

Johnboy

Welcome Prianka from Ohio. Oh you will have a fun and exciting experiences here at OPR. While we have fun picking on each other, we also jump in to help when anyone needs more eyes to help with a restoration. With that said you will notice the first three to respond are also photo distributors. It's their way of luring you in. They will tell you anything to get you to take a photo from their galleries. Don't be surprised that the one you pick may look worse than the gallery pic. We all think they do something to the photos, but they will deny it every time.  ;D

Take a look around the forum for a lot of good tips. You may want to bookmark some for later reference. You never know when someone else's suggestion can fix your problem.

It is great to have you with us. We all stick together. It is us against those damaged photos. So far we have always won. Some how.

Johnboy

glennab

Hi Prianka (what a lovely and unusual name!) and Daniel

An enthusiastic welcome from Florida!  I think Johnboy gave you a pretty good rundown of what it's like on OPR's forum.  We all work hard on our restorations, we get constantly bamboozled by our beloved president and distribution coordinators (wait til you read the malarky they'll tell you about the pristine, lovely and easy images they have in THEIR gallery), and we've become very fond of each other over the years of helping anyone we can get through the tough ones.  Warning: some members get out of hand at times with their silliness.  We elders have to try to keep them in line, but it's a tough job. Sheesh!

I'm so glad you've joined us (we LOVE our newbies!  It really helps to have new perspectives and new expertise), and I guarantee you will be too.

Cheers!

GK
What we do for ourselves dies with us. What we do for others and the world remains and is immortal. ~Albert Pine

(Photoshop CS5 /Mac Pro)

danielmeadows

Quote from: glennab on September 15, 2009, 02:25:15 PM
Hi Prianka (what a lovely and unusual name!) and Daniel...

So my name isn't lovely or special then?

I WILL REMEMBER THIS.
~Daniel Meadows
- Retouching Website

Hannie

Hannie Scheltema
Distribution Coordinator
[email protected]

glennab

Daniel, you definitely fit right in with the rest of the loonies.  Let me say that you have a wonderful, beautiful, awesome but VERY MUNDANE name.  I've heard it before, Danny Boy!  I speak Italian, after all.

Hugs!

GK
What we do for ourselves dies with us. What we do for others and the world remains and is immortal. ~Albert Pine

(Photoshop CS5 /Mac Pro)

Johnboy

It certainly didn't take Daniel long to catch on!

Johnboy

Mhayes

Quick and goes after the senior members!  :funny:

Margie
"carpe diem"

Margie Hayes
OPR President
[email protected]

glennab

Yeah, Margie.  Don't we have a special section in our by-laws about penalties for those who perpetrate senior abuse? Or is that the one about elders abusing others?  I can't remember.  Darn!

At any rate, I think we have a wild one on our hands.  And if Daniel's first restoration is any indication, he's a keeper - so that means we'll have to be sure the handbook is always at the ready.

GK

(Photoshop CS5 /Mac Pro)

Mhayes

GK,

Section 13, Article 213, Line 13 gives the distributors the right to conceal damage on photos that will be downloaded to trouble makers. Upon opening, the trouble maker will have a sense of being duly reprimanded.  ;)

Margie
"carpe diem"

Margie Hayes
OPR President
[email protected]

glennab

Excuuuuuse me, Madam Prez, but I think this leaves the term "troublemaker" too open to interpretation by distributors who tend to run amok with the muck even for those of us whose behavior is totally above reproach.

If I read Section 13, Article 213, Line 13 correctly and then look at the restoration with which I'm grappling every evening, that would mean I'm guilty of at the very least aggravated verbal assault. Nuh uh!

I think the word "newbie" should be inserted somewhere in line 13.  Then all will be well.

Oh, so many hugs!

GK

(Photoshop CS5 /Mac Pro)