• Welcome to Operation Photo Rescue's Online Community.

4th Anniversary of Hurricane Katrina

Started by John, August 29, 2009, 05:57:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

John

In case anyone may have forgotten, today is the 4th Anniversary of Hurricane Katrina.  While the events that unfolded after that storm were tragic, I am thankful for the fact OPR was born as a result.  Through OPR I have had the great fortune of meeting some very good people and I hope that we can all take a moment to reflect today on what OPR has meant to each of us as well as the people that we have assisted.

Tori803

I know I've been grateful for the opportunity to help, even if it's just a little. Also, I really appreciate the generous advice and experience of all the other OPR'sters which have helped me grow as a photo restorer. I hope OPR will be around for a long time to come!
Tori
Tori
"Nothing in the world can take the place of persistence." -Calvin Coolidge

hoodman3

It's sad to look at what has (hasn't) transpired in the 4 years since, but we've done good things! New Orleans is still in a stormy chaos, but it  spawned OPR and we're helping people. Dat's a good ting' mon.

Pete
Windows XP, CS3

glennab

John, thanks for the reminder of a tragic anniversary.  I hope we'll be able to do several more runs to the Gulf Coast area, because we had to leave many, many photos behind after the Biloxi trip.  I'm definitely with you in my gratitude to Dave and Becky for having had the compassion and energy to get OPR started and keep it going for so long.  Imagine all the creative mayhem that's been corralled into this wonderful worthy cause and the number of people who've been enriched by both giving and receiving the restorations.  I consider joining OPR the finest thing I've ever done for myself (Except for marrying Iron Man!).

GK
What we do for ourselves dies with us. What we do for others and the world remains and is immortal. ~Albert Pine

(Photoshop CS5 /Mac Pro)