• Welcome to Operation Photo Rescue's Online Community.

Gearing Up for Cedar Rapids

Started by Mhayes, July 21, 2009, 01:58:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mhayes

Hi Everyone,

In case you haven't noticed, John has added a Chip In donation box for our fall copy run to Cedar Rapids, Iowa. Right now we are in the planning stages and a preliminary date is set for October 9-11.

I know right now that money is tight and that this run comes on the heels of our copy run to Galveston. We need to help those in Cedar Rapids and the trip needs to be done before winter. Had we had the cushion of grant funding, it would not be necessary to come back again asking for donations. I know on our last drive some volunteers who could ill afford to give, gave generously. Those who gave made it possible for us to make the trip. In the coming weeks, we will be sending out emails asking for donations. If you can afford a few dollars or more and if we had a larger percentage of volunteers responding, we can do this copy run!

We will also be contacting volunteers in Iowa for help. By doing this we hope to be able to keep our cost down for the run. In the coming days I will have more information and will also post to our blog.

Margie
"carpe diem"

Margie Hayes
OPR President
[email protected]