• Welcome to Operation Photo Rescue's Online Community.

1st restore....almost. Welcome comments

Started by shdyldy, June 29, 2009, 02:06:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

shdyldy

Hello,
I'm new here and am in the process of doing my 1st one. This is what I have so far. I welcome any suggestions or comments! Hope this link works....
http://picasaweb.google.com/lh/photo/amTUd-m-DUOfrDCBLWP2OA?feat=directlink
Thanks,
Deb

Mhayes

Hi Deb, welcome to OPR. From what I can see it lookx like you need to do a color correction as the dress is becoming more yellow and the man's face is getting redder. How are you doing your correction? I don't want to sound like I am plugging one photo storage place over another, but I like Photobucket because it allows a link to be pasted into the body of the forum and the photo is able to be viewed. I'm not sure, but will Picassa allow that or do you only have the option of clicking on a link for viewing? For a first post, it is not a problem,  but as a photo progresses, it makes viewing harder.

Margie
"carpe diem"

Margie Hayes
OPR President
[email protected]

shdyldy

Hi,
I hadn't worked on the color too much but I made some adjustments now. It looks better to me in those areas. I tried several things to get that haze out next to his face and the discoloration on his jacket and ended up using the eyedropper tool and the lowered the opacity on a brush and colored it in. I'm working on the link thing.....

Deb

Hannie

Hi Deb,

Welcome to the forum and it is great to see you post your first OPR restore here!
I did a quick levels (as described in the OPR Handbook on the left) and it seems to have dealt with some of the color issues Margie mentioned.

I wonder if the bride is wearing a bow at the back of her head?
Also it may be nice to retain some of the detail of the groom's hair (in the back), I tried cloning around in that area rather than paining over it?

Great job so far,

Hannie

Hannie Scheltema
Distribution Coordinator
[email protected]

shdyldy

You're probably right about the bow. I'll have to put that back in. I wondered if the man was greying a little or it was that white haze by his head. I don't want to insult him, lol!
I may just start over....

Tess (Tassie D)

Its coming along beautifully Deb. The lady definitely has a hat with netting at the back. You can't see the hat as its being worn on the back of the head but here is a shot of the netting you can see at the sides of her head.
The man does have a touch of grey in his hair too.

Tess Cameron
Distribution Coordinator
[email protected]

shdyldy

Ah Ha, thanks! I've done some more.......got to figure out the leaves now.
Deb

Hannie

Hi Deb,

I moved your Before and After Photo from the Galveston, TX gallery to the Before and After Gallery, thought you might want to know!

Hannie
Hannie Scheltema
Distribution Coordinator
[email protected]