• Welcome to Operation Photo Rescue's Online Community.

a big hello

Started by wolly, June 04, 2009, 04:44:51 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

wolly

A big hello to all from Worthing , England . My name is Colin but i go by my nickname of Wolly which ive had for many years , ive been using photoshop for about 6 years and have taught myself how to restore photographs by working on my own family photos.
I have mainly worked on images with tape marks and folds , never got to do any with water and fire damage so i am looking forward to the challenge.

John

welcome aboard, Wolly!  You've come to the right place!

glennab

Hi Wolly

A hearty welcome to OPR from Florida!

If you're looking for challenge, you'll certainly find it here.  And you also discover that you've plenty of friends who're willing to help should you run into the "usual" out-of-the-ordinary splotches, scratches, discolorations and mud.  Just post, and someone will jump in to give you techniques that have worked for them.  I'm so glad you've joined us.  Will look for  you on the forum.

Cheers!

GK
What we do for ourselves dies with us. What we do for others and the world remains and is immortal. ~Albert Pine

(Photoshop CS5 /Mac Pro)

Hannie

And a big welcome from Amsterdam to you Wolly!

Glenna said it all, thanks for joining us!

Hannie
Hannie Scheltema
Distribution Coordinator
[email protected]

Mhayes

Hi Wally,

A warm welcome from Kansas! We are happy you have joined and you will have the chance to do plenty of photos with water damage. Whenever you need help on a photo, this is the place!

Margie
"carpe diem"

Margie Hayes
OPR President
[email protected]

weewood

A big welcom from California, Wolly! Welcome aboard. Regards, David
David J. Davis

Windows 10 Pro, Photoshop CC 2018, Intel i7 4770K 3.5GHZ, Nivida GeForce GTX 1070

Johnboy

Welcome to OPR Wolly from Ohio. Since many of us are self taught you are in good company. If you haven't already, take some time and look at some of the past forum threads. You may want to bookmark some for later reference as there are many good tips among them. As the others have said help is just a keyboard away.

We also believe in having fun while we work so jump in when you feel like it. Now there is one thing that hasn't been said yet and that is about the "grunge machine." For some reason the high res version always seems to look worse than the one in the gallery. We think that the distributors have to add something before we get the photo. So if you get one of these grungy photos don't be surprised that they did it again.  ;D

Johnboy

Hannie

Wolly, don't believe a word of these malignant accusation made by Johnboy.  The OPR spotmachine and grunger have not been used on our photos for over a year now!
All the available photos are of impeccable quality, especially the ones in my gallery!

Hannie
Hannie Scheltema
Distribution Coordinator
[email protected]

glennab

Oh, terrific, JB

I actually managed to bite my space bar and not let on to Wolly about our devious damsels, so we wouldn't have to hear the plaintive cries of denial from the distribution dungeon.  Now you've let the bat out of the bag (so to speak), and note the immediate announcement of amazement from Amsterdam! It's so, so sad! Next time I'm just going to rant!  As it is, I now have have to replace part of my keyboard for nothing!  Sheesh!

GK
What we do for ourselves dies with us. What we do for others and the world remains and is immortal. ~Albert Pine

(Photoshop CS5 /Mac Pro)

Johnboy

Sorry about your keyboard Glenna, but the poor guy would find out the dastardly secret with his first pick. But with Amsterdam speaking out the way she did she as much as admitted what really happens. Only restorers can cover up the spots.   :cool:

Johnboy

wolly

Thanks for the warm welcome , i did see in one of the tutorials about the hidden spots etc makes things interesting i think , im going to have a look around the forum while im waiting for a new wacom to be delivered , hopefully today , then get started.
Thanks again.

Hannie

I'm so disappointed that some of our most treasured volunteers spread such vile rumors about the OPR distributors... what will be next...

:halo:

Hannie
Hannie Scheltema
Distribution Coordinator
[email protected]