• Welcome to Operation Photo Rescue's Online Community.

A new guy

Started by Rbm, May 14, 2009, 09:44:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rbm

My name is Richard Mayes.  I was born in Louisville Kentucky but live in Illinois now.  I first became aware of this organization through NAPP.  I'm looking forward to doing my first restore.  It's kind of scary when I look at some of the incredible restores you-all have done.  I hope I can learn a little something from everyone.  Thanks for inviting me in.

John

Mhayes

Hi Richard, welcome from Kansas! You have come to a fun place to meet people and share ideas. You will find that when you are having problem restoring a photo, that you will get lots of good suggestions. All of us started at the beginning, so jump in and start with a photo you feel comfortable in working on. We are very happy that you have joined!

Margie
"carpe diem"

Margie Hayes
OPR President
[email protected]

glennab

Hello Richard

Welcome from Florida!

If you're feeling a bit intimidated by your first attempt at one of these doozies, realize that you're not alone.  I doubt that any of us went into this rescue mission feeling that we were totally up to the challenge.  However, there's a learning curve that we'll all help you get over, and you'll have more and more confidence in your skills (if you're a NAPP member, you probably have them already.  The trick is figuring out when to use what).  Many of us love to jump in and troubleshoot another volunteer's dilemma.  Don't hesitate to post a work in progress.  You'll get plenty of help.

A word of warning: interspersed among this group are some gremlins and looney tunes, and you never know when they'll show up to try to get a laugh.

Fortunately there are dignified older people like myself who do their utmost to keep the unruly under control, but still they run amok! Sad!

I'm glad you're with us.

Cheers,

GK
What we do for ourselves dies with us. What we do for others and the world remains and is immortal. ~Albert Pine

(Photoshop CS5 /Mac Pro)

Johnboy

Welcome Richard from southwest Ohio. I live about 2 hours from your birth city. I echo Margie and Glenna about the help you can get here. I started with some basic knowledge I learned from some tutorials I watched. The help has been invaluable, and the side conversations help to keep the (in)sanity going.

QuoteHowever, there's a learning curve that we'll all help you get over,
I either missed that exit or haven't come to it yet. Please send me a map Glenna.

QuoteA word of warning: interspersed among this group are some gremlins and looney tunes, and you never know when they'll show up to try to get a laugh.

Fortunately there are dignified older people like myself who do their utmost to keep the unruly under control, but still they run amok! Sad!
Don't let Glenna lead you astray Richard. She is in there stirring things up as much as the rest of us "older" folks.   :funny:

Johnboy

Hannie

That's right, Johnboy and Glenna, 2 of a kind but thankfully there are also very well behaved people on the forum, I will not name any names...
(just kidding JB and GK!)

Welcome to the forum from Amsterdam Richard!  Thanks for joining OPR and I hope you will have fun restoring photos!
(no need to feel apprehensive about it, we all love to help out)

Hannie
Hannie Scheltema
Distribution Coordinator
[email protected]