• Welcome to Operation Photo Rescue's Online Community.

Fun Weekend!

Started by Ausimax, March 01, 2009, 11:08:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

kiska

Shujen, I use Image Capture and set the preferences to use it. I couldn't figure out iPhoto.

kiska
Photoshop 2021, MacPro

Tess (Tassie D)

Hannie, I found this on an Asus forum, don't know if it helps?

QuoteWell, the usb 2.0 ports 3 & 4(which are by the audio slots) support S5 wake-up by usb. this means if you do a shutdown of your computer..you better not move any device(ex. mouse/keyboard/monitor that's connected to one of these usb ports) while the pc is shutting down or afterwards or else the pc will come boot back up.

From that description even when the computer is shut down, if you move your tablet it will cause the computer to start up again. Apparently there is a sub menu in the bios to disable it.
Tess Cameron
Distribution Coordinator
[email protected]

glennab

Shujen, you can open Photoshop, open Bridge from within Photoshop and then navigate to the photos folder.  You can easily see and choose any photo from within Bridge, double click on the thumbnail and the image will open in Photoshop.  Or if you don't use Bridge, you could still go to the folder and open the images from within Photoshop.  When I click on a file, I get a thumbnail version of the photo so I can tell what it is even if I'm not using Bridge.

Bridge is awesome.  You can batch rename photos, place them in separate folders, add metadata and see all the metadata already attached to the images.  Very powerful way to organize your resources. I love it!

GK
What we do for ourselves dies with us. What we do for others and the world remains and is immortal. ~Albert Pine

(Photoshop CS5 /Mac Pro)

Hannie

Tess, thanks for the advice, I don't use the 2 "wake up" USB ports so that can't be the reason.  I'm quite sure though that the problem has to do with this remote wake up function of the motherboard.  There is some kind of USB conflict going on there. 
The only remedy Asus came up with is to RM the motherboard.  That is not a vary elegant solution: having to disassemble the whole thing and be without a computer for how many months!

Hannie
Hannie Scheltema
Distribution Coordinator
[email protected]

glennab

Since this thread is taking an "around-the-world" in subjects trip, I want to add one more Mac tidbit and then I'll leave well enough alone.  I'd mentioned how elegant my MacPro is inside, and yesterday I got an e-mail from Apple featuring the latest MacPro.  (I need a bib!  Drool!)

This photo was part of the presentation, and I'm sure Apple won't mind my plugging their product here.  This is the interior of the new machine – slightly less "cramped and messy" than mine.  Sigh!

GK

Shujen, did you have any luck accessing your photos?  Did you try Bridge?
What we do for ourselves dies with us. What we do for others and the world remains and is immortal. ~Albert Pine

(Photoshop CS5 /Mac Pro)

schen

Thanks Kiska and GK for the suggestions.  I bought a Macbook for my son and put my PhotoShop Element on it.  We could not find the folder with the photos in Element or Bridge if the photos were sucked up by iPhoto.  We did work around that by installing the Canon Zoombrowser (came with the camera) that works similar to Image Capture and were able to deposit the files in a folder that is visible by Element and Bridge.  Next time I come to Florida, I will bring the Macbook with me so Glenna can show me where to find the folders.  What I really want for myself is a 17" Macbook Pro.  I love everything of it except the price tag.
Shujen Chen
Windows 10, Photoshop CS6

Ausimax

Schen, I never upload photos directly from my camera, well I did once and lost them, I always use a card reader, that way you can organize them as you want at that time, I sort them into dated folders as I upload them, then I know just where they are.

I imagine you can get card readers for Mac's?

Max
Wisdom is having a well considered opinion .... and being smart enough to keep it to yourself!     MJS

"Life" is what happens while you are planning other things!

glennab

Shujen, if you're ever down my way, you'd better stop - whether it be to get a tour of the Mac or just to visit (and maybe give me a few pointers on photography!).

Max, yes one can get card readers for Macs, but they're $2,000 apiece. (kidding!!)

We just had Leopard and CS4 installed on our computers at work – wowser!  Speed!  Stability!  I'm in love!  Now I have the terrible "I wants," and with a still out-of-work Iron Man, computer goodies are way on the back burner!  Beanies and weenies for us for a while.  Definitely no CS4, darn it!

GK

(Photoshop CS5 /Mac Pro)