• Welcome to Operation Photo Rescue's Online Community.

Photo Number 2

Started by penegway, February 20, 2009, 12:40:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

penegway

Tess could you or anyone take a look at this photo and tell me if I have missed anything, or can I send it back to you?
Thanks, Penny

Leave things better than when you found them.

Candice

:)
Candice

Mhayes

Hi Penny,

It is early morning in Australia, so my thoughts until Tess has a chance to rise and shine are that you have done a fantastic job. What I notice is still some lingering mold on the young girl's hair on top. Also, look at the bottom where her leg and dress meet; I think the dress should not be light in color, but the same tone. Most likely damage has caused that part of the dress to turn light.

Margie
"carpe diem"

Margie Hayes
OPR President
[email protected]

Hannie

Hi Penny,

What a beautiful clean up on your second restore!
Just a few tiny spots left on the girl's dress, but you will probably have to zoom in some to see them properly.
I have to disagree with Margie on the light part of the dress (oops, there goes my points towards using the corporate jet).  I think that it is part of the elderly lady's skirt.

If that wasn't enough I also don't think that Mr. bushy brows is wearing glasses.  (don't hit me Bets!)

One more thing, it is really minor but maybe the girl in the photo would appreciate it if you toned down the rouge on her right cheek just enough to match the left one.

great job!

Hannie
Hannie Scheltema
Distribution Coordinator
[email protected]

lurch

I agree with Bets - bushy-browed guy is wearing glasses.
<C>

penegway

Sorry guy's, just can't find glasses on the guy on the right side. Took out blue highlights in the young woman's hair, smoothed out the roses in her dress, and lightened her blush. And the front part of her dress is one of the lavender roses, but I don't think it was dark enough. I've also put in a shadow or two on her leg. I don't think this is part of Grandma's dress, because she is sitting behind the young people, probably with her legs of the other side of the bed, and the pattern is not the same.

If I'm really not seeing this stuff, please draw me a picture. Thanks for all the input.
Penny

Tess (Tassie D)

Thats looking beautiful Penny. :up: I agree with you about the dress as you can see some of the lavender roses elsewhere on it.
I hate the glasses debate on some of these photos. It is possible they are very fine wire rimmed ones. Looking at the blue channel with the lightness turned way up you can just see the bottom of the glasses on each cheek.
Tess Cameron
Distribution Coordinator
[email protected]

Candice

:)
Candice

Mhayes

Hi Penny, this is looking really good! I almost went with Hannie's idea of the other woman's dress, but if you look at this photo in the red channel, it shows the flower in the dress. In this channel, it makes me think it is all dress with no leg showing.

Margie

PS Hannie you are down to the corporate bus.  ;D
"carpe diem"

Margie Hayes
OPR President
[email protected]

kiska

Here's another pic of the group. NO glasses. Hannie, back to the corporate jet!

kiska
Photoshop 2021, MacPro

penegway

Ok, Tess, It's your call. If you want glasses on this guy, I'll put some on him. And that is her leg showing in front. I've done most of this restore looking at all the channels seperately, and the main photo between 500 and 700%.
Let me know so I can get this back to you.
Penny