• Welcome to Operation Photo Rescue's Online Community.

Student Gallery

Started by PaulD, February 14, 2009, 07:29:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

PaulD

Hi Tess
I have just been looking at the student gallery. Are these photos for us to practice on?
Do we upload them back to you and can we get feedback on them?

Thanks,
Paul

Hannie

Hi Paul,  Tess will get back to you later (it is night over there).  When I had a look at the Student Gallery just now I noticed that the text image explaining the use of the gallery had disappeared.
I replaced it and basically it tells that this gallery is intended for students only!

Hannie
Hannie Scheltema
Distribution Coordinator
[email protected]

PaulD

Hi Hannie

Its the afternoon over in the UK.

schen

Some of the images in the student gallery contain the owner information.  Since there is no intention to return the student work to the original owners, it might be better to remove it.
Shujen Chen
Windows 10, Photoshop CS6

Mhayes

Hi Shujen,

All of the personal information should have been removed, we will correct those that didn't. Thanks for the catch.

Margie
"carpe diem"

Margie Hayes
OPR President
[email protected]

Mhayes

Hi Shujen,

As a side note, all of the students that will be using the Student Gallery have signed up as OPR members. They may access other galleries with the personal information still intact. As of today, we have only had two students request a photo to work on. I would imagine that a lot of them want to feel like they are contributing to a cause, not doing just an exercise. Most likely after our next copy run and new photos added, the student gallery will be dropped.

The biggest problem with owner information showing up is on recent posts to the forum.

Margie
"carpe diem"

Margie Hayes
OPR President
[email protected]