• Welcome to Operation Photo Rescue's Online Community.

Found website where distributors get their "grunge"

Started by cmpentecost, December 13, 2008, 10:47:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

cmpentecost

Ok, I found out where Margie, Jan, Tess & Hannie get the grunge to add to the photos after you choose them from the gallery.  Didn't think you'd get caught, did you?   :funny:

http://www.thelightsright.com/node/252

There are a bunch of brushes for adding a dirty, grungy look to a photo:

* Creases
    * Coffee stains
    * Fingerprints
    * Liquid splatters
    * Scotch tape

Actually, Glenn Mitchell is a very talented photographer and offers a wealth of information on digital photography, the digital darkroom, and free tutorials.  The page to his link of free tutorials, etc. is:

http://www.thelightsrightstudio.com/digital-darkroom.htm

Christine

Mhayes

Excuse me, Missy Christine! If I remember right, it was you that taught us all the tricks of the trade for getting the photos ready for the volunteers. Plus, your parting words were: "Don't tell anyone, this is our little secret!"  :funny:

Oh well, it's Christmas and I guess we should share the fun!  Thanks for the link.

Margie
"carpe diem"

Margie Hayes
OPR President
[email protected]

haleygd

In looking around there I found www.retouchpro.com, the web community for retouchers... Haven't looked into it yet. Anyone heard of it?

Gary
Windows 7 & CS5 Design Premium, restoration in work photos uploaded at GaryHaley.photoshop.com

cmpentecost

Quote from: MarCat on December 13, 2008, 12:41:10 PM
Excuse me, Missy Christine! If I remember right, it was you that taught us all the tricks of the trade for getting the photos ready for the volunteers.

:halo:

Gary, I think we've gotten quite a few volunteers from RetouchPro. 

Christine

lurch

Hi Gary,

I'm one of the 'RetouchPro volunteers'. While it's populated with more advanced amateurs and hobbyists (like me :)) than pros there are some very helpful people there. I learned a ton; still visit daily.

<C>
<C>

Candice

I have known a few people through RetouchPro that came come here when you first started.   I see some of the work in the galleries.

Good site.  I visit often too and lend a hand from time to time.
Candice